Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Self-assessment tax payment due 31st January?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
In previous years we have always had a payment counter foil posted to us the amount due to be paid.

But I have not had one this year,
along with the deferred payment form last July
I’m now owing them some money but I don’t know how much as I have not had a payment counterfoil.
I’m I alone? How do find out how much they want from me,
do I have to phone them?, that would be a very long wait this time of year
Anyone else in the same boat?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
In previous years we have always had a payment counter foil posted to us the amount due to be paid.

But I have not had one this year,
along with the deferred payment form last July
I’m now owing them some money but I don’t know how much as I have not had a payment counterfoil.
I’m I alone? How do find out how much they want from me,
do I have to phone them?, that would be a very long wait this time of year
Anyone else in the same boat?

Never have anything in paper form.....all available on the online account isn’t it ?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Tax?!

AmusedPracticalJunebug-max-1mb.gif

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Do you have a Government Gateway account ? All the details will be on it along with the ability to pay your bill online

Yes have that, i use that for submitting the returns. thought that was all it was for.
Many years ago i paid mine very early , ie in the June the year before and it caused all sort s of grief as it had not been assigned to my "account" and spent 3 months proving i have paid it.
My accountant said never to pay it without the counterfoil to stop this happening.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes have that, i use that for submitting the returns. thought that was all it was for.
Many years ago i paid mine very early , ie in the June the year before and it caused all sort s of grief as it had not been assigned to my "account" and spent 3 months proving i have paid it.
My accountant said never to pay it without the counterfoil to stop this happening.

A summary should appear on the main page when you log in. If you click on the the box that contains the tax year you are trying to settle you should see a summary (or alternatively in the PAYE section). All of this is conditional on your PAYE having already been linked to your Government Gateway account. Easy to check by logging in. Can’t see why there should be any payment problems if your PAYE amount due appears in the account but I’m not an accountant.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Logged in this morning ..paid tax ..email confirmation received minute later ...plus you get confirmation when you press the enter button :..and as the post above says the amount due shows :shrug:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
You're right about the paperwork. But I cant remember the last time I received any. As for tax, accountant got mine down for 19/20 to £0 due after 'paying on account' in summer 2020 and right now 20/21 is going to be a joke.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As just an (presumably higher rate) employed taxpayer, you wouldn’t normally have to file a tax return and pay SA income tax every January and July.

It must be due to your buy to let empire :bowdown:.

Nah, nothing to do with that........had to fill in a tax return once, years ago, due to reported employee benefits. Once you’ve done it once you’re stuffed.....you get asked to do it every year. It takes about 5 mins usually as 99% is on my P60.

Looking forward to potentially not paying any more income tax now anyway ������ (I don’t own any BTLs either)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Logged in this morning ..paid tax ..email confirmation received minute later ...plus you get confirmation when you press the enter button :..and as the post above says the amount due shows :shrug:
Gave my accountant my books in March! Still havent heard from him ffs

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
All sorted now thanks guys,
Although it appears i had an outstanding amount of which they had charged me interest, only a few quid so so problem.
But was unclear if the amount outstanding was + this amount or including
so just paid them both with the assumption if i have overpaid it will be deducted for next years.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Worked out all the figures on paper, had checked access to the account last week and now just need to input the data after the match.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
HMRC not functioning too well at present, neither are my Accountants, apparently there is a nasty bug going around...

Seriously just go on Government Gateway website, I have just paid my SA which is a strange feeling as the last two payments were SEISS and the money came back to me!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here