Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Albion v Tottenham

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Sunday 31st January 2021
Kick-off: 19:15 GMT
Referee: Peter Bankes
Assistants: Neil Davies, James Mainwaring
Fourth Official: Simon Hooper
VAR: David Coote
Additional VAR: Nick Hopton

TEAM NEWS

Brighton have no fresh injury problems for the visit of Tottenham.

Danny Welbeck could return to training next week after a knee injury, while Tariq Lamptey is still a few weeks away from fitness after a thigh problem.

Tottenham forward Harry Kane could be out for at least a fortnight after injuring both ankles in Thursday's defeat by Liverpool.

Dele Alli and Sergio Reguilon are doubtful with respective tendon and muscle problems.

Giovani Lo Celso remains out with a hamstring injury.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Tottenham have won seven of the past nine meetings in all competitions (D1, L1).
    [*=left]Brighton's solitary victory in their past seven Premier League fixtures against Spurs was 3-0 at home in October 2019 (D1, L5).
    [*=left]Spurs have won 10 of their 15 top-flight matches versus Brighton - that win ratio of 67% is their second best against a team they've played more than 10 times in the top flight.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton are the only team in the top four English divisions without a home league win this season.
    [*=left]They have had five away victories in the Premier League since their most recent home triumph.
    [*=left]Their winless Premier League home run currently stands at 14 games (D7, L7). The last side to have a longer such streak were Derby County, who went 16 without a win in 2007-08.
    [*=left]However, Albion are looking to keep three consecutive Premier League clean sheets for the first time since October 2018.
    [*=left]Graham Potter's side have drawn nine Premier League matches this season, two more than any other club going into this weekend.
    [*=left]There have been a division-high 13 penalties awarded in Premier League matches involving Brighton this season - six for and seven against.
Tottenham

• [*=left]Tottenham have lost just one of their nine Premier League away games this season (W5, D3).
    [*=left]They have won their three away fixtures in all competitions in 2021 by an aggregate score of 12-2.
    [*=left]Jose Mourinho's side have trailed other teams for just 129 minutes in the Premier League this season. It's the best record in the division.
    [*=left]Spurs haven't lost any of their last 12 Premier League games against sides starting the day in the bottom four (W6, D6).
    [*=left]Mourinho has lost both of his Premier League away matches against Brighton.
    [*=left]Son Heung-min has scored in each of his last three Premier League appearances without Harry Kane in the team.

Graham Potter's Tottenham Press Conference

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Given we can't beat the teams we should be beating, I'm going for us beating teams we shouldn't be beating

1-2 to the good guys with a punch up in the Tottingham dressing room at FT

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Given we can't beat the teams we should be beating, I'm going for us beating teams we shouldn't be beating

1-2 to the good guys with a punch up in the Tottingham dressing room at FT

Oh, seems we are at home too, late fixture change perhaps :facepalm:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Given where we are in the table we cannot respect reputations or big name clubs. We must fight and scrap for every point and see every game as a potential victory. Earlier in the season when we played them we largely matched them in all departments , they obtained a dubious penalty decision via VAR and thus beat us 2-1 ... . That’s not convincing, we can win this, let’s do it!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Interesting watching MoTD last night with their stat about goals and points. Essentially, Kane’s goals have led to the highest percentage of points gained by a single player of any Premier League team (the next striker earning most of his team’s point’s is Wilson at Newcastle unsurprisingly).

Whilst Spurs still have the potential to smash us off the park (Bale could have a blinder etc), I think Mourinho will set defensive to hit us on the break and will rely on us missing our big chances; this might be the match we don’t. I’m confident.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Can we play this game away from home? Would feel more confident if we could. The fortress Amex has now become a house of jelly.

Last edited:

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Here we go again,I am expecting us to dominate possession wise without actually hurting Spurs, miss a couple of golden opportunities to score, get hit by a couple of sucker punches and be gallant losers once again,still we take the positives away from the game,learn from our mistakes and move on....again....plucky little ol' Brighton playing some great football but lacking a cutting edge....ho hum! I really hope I am wrong!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Here we go again,I am expecting us to dominate possession wise without actually hurting Spurs, miss a couple of golden opportunities to score, get hit by a couple of sucker punches and be gallant losers once again,still we take the positives away from the game,learn from our mistakes and move on....again....plucky little ol' Brighton playing some great football but lacking a cutting edge....ho hum! I really hope I am wrong!!

I feel like I don't have to watch the match now.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
As from 6.00pm today the Perth metro area, including us, will be in lockdown for 5 days because of covid. I have put all my clients off for a week as a result. I will be able to watch the game and sleep in till midday, there has to be some benefits. It is forecast to be well over 30 degrees most of the week too, so not having to work in that is a bonus as well. There are lots of jobs to be done at home and wife has promised to crack the whip though :eek:
Still think it will be 1 - 2.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
As from 6.00pm today the Perth metro area, including us, will be in lockdown for 5 days because of covid. I have put all my clients off for a week as a result. I will be able to watch the game and sleep in till midday, there has to be some benefits. It is forecast to be well over 30 degrees most of the week too, so not having to work in that is a bonus as well. There are lots of jobs to be done at home and wife has promised to crack the whip though :eek:
Still think it will be 1 - 2.

No Mike, you really should do all 5 days.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We will create loads of chances, lose 2-1 and Mourinho will tell us in the post match presser what a wonderful job Potter is doing and what a pleasure to watch his team is.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Is it time to add to the pre Match Facts “Albion will create loads of chances, but convert none of them” ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here