Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] India v England Test Series

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
With the first India v England test match starting on Friday it's still undecided who will be screening it in the UK.

Channel 4 are currently favourites with a final decision due to be announced on Monday.

Guardian article - Channel 4 closes on India series

The 1st, 2nd and 4th test matches begin at 4.00am, finishing about 11.30am.
The 3rd test which is a day/night game begins at 9-00am, finishing about 4.30pm

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It is great news.

Though a bit late in the day to decide this.

Surely putting together production staff, commentary team and building into your schedule takes a bit of time ... I mean I realise there will be a host broadcaster, but still ....

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It is great news.

Though a bit late in the day to decide this.

Surely putting together production staff, commentary team and building into your schedule takes a bit of time ... I mean I realise there will be a host broadcaster, but still ....

They’ll just do it from the channel 4 studios in the U.K., much like the Sri Lanka tour that sky did so it shouldn’t take much organising, hell Sky had bumble doing commentary from home connected via FaceTime :lolol:

England are going to get absolutely pasted IMO but I’ll still be getting up at 4am to watch it :nono:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just realised it may be home umpires. I hope we have DRS. The first series I ever listened to was the 1981/82 season. I remember six wickets falling after tea in Bombay. The umpires took four of them...

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Fantastic. I’m lucky enough these days to be able to pay for Sky/BT etc but was so pleased when test cricket was on terrestrial. That magical 2005 Ashes series lives long in the memory

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They’ll just do it from the channel 4 studios in the U.K., much like the Sri Lanka tour that sky did so it shouldn’t take much organising, hell Sky had bumble doing commentary from home connected via FaceTime :lolol:

England are going to get absolutely pasted IMO but I’ll still be getting up at 4am to watch it :nono:

This

Just realised it may be home umpires. I hope we have DRS. The first series I ever listened to was the 1981/82 season. I remember six wickets falling after tea in Bombay. The umpires took four of them...

This

Were loose.

...and definitely this.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

India only have one umpire on the Elite panel, Nitin Menon.
He's being joined for the first test match by Anil Chaudhary.

Because the ICC are using only home umpires each team receive an extra DRS review in each innings.
Let's hope England use their three reviews wisely.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This is really good news, I've not watched live Test Cricket for years, going to be marvellous shuffling downstairs 4 am ish for a Bacon roll and a cuppa and Cricket. We will almost certainly lose the series but who knows for sure...

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's good news, especially as TMS isn't able to commentate. I love the beeb, but I'm really disappointed at that.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
It's good news, especially as TMS isn't able to commentate. I love the beeb, but I'm really disappointed at that.

If that is so then yes very disappointing, nothing like Aggers and crew on the wireless, maybe talksport will have the rights which is not too bad except for the incessant ads.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

For many years the BBC effectively were the only player in the game when it came to radio commentary but unfortunately there are others in the market. The poor old Beeb always got the overseas tours and I used to look forward to late nights and early mornings on the kitchen step with the radio and a cuppa. Sadly the genie is out of the bottle now and almost every tour is up for bidding and we all know the Beeb a strapped for cash It's such a pity as the quality of their ad free commentary and analysis is exceptional.... all apart from Daniel Norcross who tends to find his own musings more important than the game.in front of him.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I watched an India v England test match in Bangalore once around 2001, Anil Kumble got his 300th test wicket I believe on his home ground, fantastic atmosphere.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I watched an India v England test match in Bangalore once around 2001, Anil Kumble got his 300th test wicket I believe on his home ground, fantastic atmosphere.

Most of that Test was rained off.

You must have been there for Christmas, I'm guessing.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Most of that Test was rained off.

You must have been there for Christmas, I'm guessing.

I think we got a good few sessions or so, the crowd swelling when Tendulkar came out to bat, and then having to watch Ashley Giles bowl at his legs.

I was out there for about a month travelling around, I think there was another test up in Ahmedabad after the Bangalore one, but I didn't make it there, as I seemed to leave a large slice of my brain on a beach in Goa on New Year's eve....

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think we got a good few sessions or so, the crowd swelling when Tendulkar came out to bat, and then having to watch Ashley Giles bowl at his legs.

I was out there for about a month travelling around, I think there was another test up in Ahmedabad after the Bangalore one, but I didn't make it there, as I seemed to leave a large slice of my brain on a beach in Goa on New Year's eve....

Giles got him in the end though. Well, 90 runs later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here