Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Serial Killer in Brighton

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I posted a few pictures on here a few months back of a sparrowhawk that caught a dove in my garden.

Well the bugger's back but going for a common pigeon this time

It's making a right old mess, been eating for the last 20 minutes and bloody feathers everywhere. Isn't nature wonderful :annoyed:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I had a sparrow hawk do that to a blackbird a while ago. It stuffed its face in the back garden, gave me a withering "go **** yourself" glare, then flew off somewhere with the remains leaving a load of feathers behind.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dear Lord NOOOOOOOO.... :eek:

91BiNZyuoAL.jpg

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
bird_347___two_crows_speaking_by_momotte2stocks_d9if15e-pre.jpg

Well I witnessed an attempted murder.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I posted a few pictures on here a few months back of a sparrowhawk that caught a dove in my garden.

It's making a right old mess, been eating for the last 20 minutes and bloody feathers everywhere. Isn't nature wonderful :annoyed:

Clearly pissed that it didn't make The World's Hardest Creature semi-finals.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

Had one in my garden again today

tried to look up your vid on youtube , then made the (poor) choice to watch the sparrowhawk v crow video :eek:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Had one in my garden again today

tried to look up your vid on youtube , then made the (poor) choice to watch the sparrowhawk v crow video :eek:

It's blindingly obvious we need a World's Hardest Bird competition. I think Robin's are quite tasty :thumbsup:

Trouble is we have to wait for [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] and he's a lazy sod from what I've heard.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Friends in Lincolnshire reported that their cat killed and brought into their house a sparrow hawk last week, so let that be a warning to the sparrow hawk mafia.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Friends in Lincolnshire reported that their cat killed and brought into their house a sparrow hawk last week, so let that be a warning to the sparrow hawk mafia.

That has to be the absolute Usain Bolt of cats. The thing in our garden was off like shit off a shovel (once it decided dinner was finished) :eek:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
We heard a commotion in our back garden a few months back, looked out of the bedroom window to see a sparrow hawk with his talons on a poor sparrow (unsurprisingly!). A few other very brave sparrows were flying around it screeching away but to no avail, the expression. of domination on the hawks face was a sight to behold. It’s a right b*stard nature.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Nice pot, Watford, where did you buy that?

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
That has to be the absolute Usain Bolt of cats. The thing in our garden was off like shit off a shovel (once it decided dinner was finished) :eek:

Apparently he brings a few rabbits in too. I’ve asked our friends whether they’re sure it’s a cat that they have.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Had exactly the same in my garden a year ago. Found one detatched bird leg on te lawn later.

This must be a good thing, which is why there is such a clamour over the sighting of a golden eagle, etc. shirly?

Haven't seen many shite hawks round here since the birds of prey returned. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here