Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spuds U18's v Albion U18's 11:30 Jan 30.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20210130-113034_Chrome.jpg

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/match/61801#blog

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Google reporting Leahy, Bull, Miller and Emerson on the bench.

Also: Spuds have a midfielder called DJ Cassanova. Get him SINGED.

I thought Jack Leahy was on loan at Mertsham, although I suspect this has now been curtailed following the stop on all grass roots football below the Conference.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
There's not much running for our club at the moment is there? It will turn at some point.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
[TWEET]1356306990323040256[/TWEET]

Thanks for this, know anymore on it? Relatively rare for u18s to get a loan and now contract being cancelled early. I'm going to take a wild guess that its to do with living closer to family? (Realise that Brighton and Croydon are not exactly far apart..)

Wonder if there were any other squad changes from the youth teams on deadline day that haven't been officially announced yet.

Just noticed that the player not shown on google lineups on the bench for this game was Cameron Black from a younger age group (source; transfermarkt), must be a lot of injuries/ covid at the moment.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thanks for this, know anymore on it? Relatively rare for u18s to get a loan and now contract being cancelled early. I'm going to take a wild guess that its to do with living closer to family? (Realise that Brighton and Croydon are not exactly far apart..)

Wonder if there were any other squad changes from the youth teams on deadline day that haven't been officially announced yet.

Just noticed that the player not shown on google lineups on the bench for this game was Cameron Black from a younger age group (source; transfermarkt), must be a lot of injuries/ covid at the moment.

It's pretty common that scholars, who are not being offered a professional contract, will have the chance to move on if they get themselves fixed up prior to the end of their second scholar year (of course, they have a contract until the end of the season, so they have the right to stay until then). And, in fact, I would say a loan to a non-league club for an outfield scholar is not necessarily a very good sign: in recent seasons the likes of Ben Clark-Eden, Cam Tutt, Matt Weaire, Charlie Ferguson and Isaac Hutchinson have all spent spells in non-league before being released without being offered a pro.

As to your comment about living closer to family - from a snippet I heard, I don't think that is a factor here!

A couple of the other second years have been released.

Cameron Black is a trialist from Dorking Wanderers, a central defender, the age of a second-year scholar.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
It's pretty common that scholars, who are not being offered a professional contract, will have the chance to move on if they get themselves fixed up prior to the end of their second scholar year (of course, they have a contract until the end of the season, so they have the right to stay until then). And, in fact, I would say a loan to a non-league club for an outfield scholar is not necessarily a very good sign: in recent seasons the likes of Ben Clark-Eden, Cam Tutt, Matt Weaire, Charlie Ferguson and Isaac Hutchinson have all spent spells in non-league before being released without being offered a pro.

As to your comment about living closer to family - from a snippet I heard, I don't think that is a factor here!

A couple of the other second years have been released.

Cameron Black is a trialist from Dorking Wanderers, a central defender, the age of a second-year scholar.

Thank you! Superb level of information as always. You either have phenomenal memory or a very comprehensive excel spreadsheet somewhere...

Any chance you are able to divulge the others released?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thank you! Superb level of information as always. You either have phenomenal memory or a very comprehensive excel spreadsheet somewhere...

Any chance you are able to divulge the others released?

:thumbsup:

The other two released are Nathan Jenkins and Marcus Dackers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here