Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Amex in fake Lego

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Worth £70? 30cm x 25cm for something with over 3000 pieces seems a bit small. And it looks like the stadium needs to go on a diet.

2112-0.jpg

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I was reading some reviews on Amazon as they do lots of US stadiums. Apparently the pieces are much smaller than Lego and the instructions hard to follow.

I still may have a go!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I wouldn't say it's rubbish but that's because I'm in a good mood.
You can tell Martin Perry didn't make it.

It is difficult to see how it could look much better size of the blocks. But take off the stickers and I would struggle to pick it out of a line up. Also nearly a year late as that was perfect first lockdown project.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Looking again - what do the seats spell out? Looks like the next bar will be called Niip Inn. Saucy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
bit of fun but at £70, i'm out.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
A couple of years ago, a Youtuber made a working Commodore 64 case and keyboard out of Lego.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/45489933-12a2-4de8-9d36-32916d7f697d

There are so many parts available that you could make a fantastic Amex out of the real stuff. But what I learnt from the C64 build is that you could probably buy a new striker with the cost of buying the parts.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We should group fund and purchase the model and send it to our friends up the road as its the only way they will get their new stand.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That’s excellent. Well done them. Should be on display in the museum if we still have one.

And I wish I was called Bobby Rumble. What a cool name. :cool:

There's already a model (not Lego) of the Amex, plus Withdean and Goldstone grounds in the museum with working lights.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here