Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Where’s the Fridat drinking thread?

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Apologies if I’ve overlooked it...

Happy Fridat! :drink: :cheers:

E749A6C5-3E80-483B-8B8E-F5DBEA1AE269.jpeg

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Not seen that before...... please enlighten me.

Double dry hopped Jaipur - to celebrate the 15th birthday of Jaipur.

Very good, though still not as good as the standard Jaipur (a high bar IMO)

Edit: 5.9% by the way

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Apologies if I’ve overlooked it...

Happy Fridat! :drink: :cheers:

View attachment 133171

I love Thornbridge Jaipur. I’ve had the DIPA version from cask which was excellent ...and I just know I will like the double dry hopped version. Good work.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bought a bottle of Primitivo and have had a few glasses so far. Going to switch to beer in a moment.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Double dry hopped Jaipur - to celebrate the 15th birthday of Jaipur.

Very good, though still not as good as the standard Jaipur (a high bar IMO)

Edit: 5.9% by the way

I like DDH IPAS but prefer them up towards the 7/8 abv when I partake.
Like you say though MG a high bar indeed.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think as we finish off any beers that maybe still left from presents during the festive season from loved ones Inthink it time to hijack this Fridat thread and name your best NEW beers from 2020. ........ new to you I must add.
For me.....
Verdant Fruit Car Sight Exhibition....... A smashing fruity hazy coming in at 8% and ticking all my tickling boxes.

From Wild Beer I grew very fond of the 750 ml of Ninkasi ( available from Waitrose) a smashing celebratory saison apple champagne style beer at over 9%.

I’m listening.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just opened a Brewdog (Ohio) Jet Black Heart Nitro.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think as we finish off any beers that maybe still left from presents during the festive season from loved ones Inthink it time to hijack this Fridat thread and name your best NEW beers from 2020. ........ new to you I must add.
For me.....
Verdant Fruit Car Sight Exhibition....... A smashing fruity hazy coming in at 8% and ticking all my tickling boxes.

From Wild Beer I grew very fond of the 750 ml of Ninkasi ( available from Waitrose) a smashing celebratory saison apple champagne style beer at over 9%.

I’m listening.

This was in Beer 52s best of 2020 box so it's a bit of a cheat suggestion. ****ing nice though.

https://www.buxtonbrewery.co.uk/beers/core/ace-edge

Tonight is Brighton Bier Fatboy Stou followed by a couple of their Sidewalks with a ruby.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
A couple of Adnams Ghost Ship IPA 0.5%s, it’s really good low alcohol ale. A bottle of Gewürztraminer with dinner, and now collapsing into Remy fine champagne cognac. Well there’s fork all else to spend money on right now. Except charity of course, charity is good.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
For me.....

I’m listening.

Waitrose ! Where did you street cred go ? You can get ****ed for a fiver over the road on lidl's finest ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I’ve got a Dock’s Beers Overtime on the go while waiting for a ruby to arrive. It’s a little known brewery in Grimsby but genuinely very good, and I say that as an unashamed beer snob.

https://docksbeers.com/

Worth checking out.

4C4EA2C3-7240-4B28-852E-EDC939656933.jpeg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Opened a ‘Impeach It Don’t Bleach It’ from Staggeringly Good in Portsmouth.

They’ve done a box of 10 beers & rather funky glass for £36 delivered which was exceptional value

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Dark Star APA and Thornbridge Jaipur are two of the finest beers out there. IMO

Had a few cans of lazer crush, a bottle of Waitrose AF cider ( very good!) and a glass of AF Chardonnay . . . Going to keep going a bit longer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here