Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter's Spurs Press Conference

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Did he say he was “delighted” with the Fulham result again?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Paging [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] for the meaning behind the words.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Like the OMDT is done by [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION], this thread should be left for [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] [emoji4]

No problem, I will leave it to the pwofessionals. :thumbsup:

It's been up on Youtube for an hour now. :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
GP brain in italics

Journo asks if there's any new injury concerns and when Welbeck and Lamptey will be back. GP says "nothing from the game, nothing fresh from the game" (though someone might be sick or got injured in training but not telling you or the opponent). Welbeck getting close, probably next week (I'd like to knock on wood for about 45 minutes but not going to ridicule my player in public). Tariq still two or three weeks away "I would guess" (maybe a litte more maybe a little less).

Journo asks if there is any transfers coming up before the end of the window, GP looks like someone who's been asked the same question 300 times despite answering the same thing every time and says "I'm not expecting anything, no. I'll just be focusing on the games. But anything is possible".

Journo asks about the "concerning financial news" and says while its not "in your realm and not your problem"... and asks if GP could reassure the fans that Biss & Lamptey wont be sold and also asks if he has sought reassurance himself that they wont be solved.
GP says "listen here you deaf illiterate stupid prick"... oh no, that was me. GP says "I dont think there is any need to worry about that" and that the losses are a part of what everybody is facing and that they have a good chairman who knows they are trying to develop some younger guys to take them forward in the PL, but that if someone like Barca or Real comes along its obviously difficult to say no.

Journo says "you are going to tell me they have plenty of other threats in the squad but Harry Kane is missing". GP sounds slightly annoyed with the journo putting words in his mouth and says "it would be unfair of me to say that they have another Harry Kane in their group" and that they have a good squad but wont be able to replace him.

Journo says he read somewhere that GP was invited to Real Madrid to see how Mourinho works and to "pick his brain", GP gives a modest "wtf" (wtf) look. GP said "no I didnt have that fortune" but that he was there for day (GP goes to Spain every summer with the "Roberto Martinez trainer bubble" to attend lectures and shit, my note) - not invited - and had the fortune to watch a training session. GP says that he found Mourinho, when he came to the UK, very interesting in how he conducted himself etc at the time.

Journo asks about GP:s managerial influences and if Mou is one of them. GP mentions Sir Alex as he was about the same age as the "class of 92" and then the next one was Mourinho. Also mentions Wenger and Pep.

Journo brings in the dynamite and asks GP if he had a little trim to the hair and says something about the hairdresser. GP says "my wife will be very thankful, she was very nervous and so was I, but thankfully the relationship is still intact. We're okay... but I'm not sure... I blame it on a windy day, its not the best."

Next journo asks if the players got their confidence improved by the City defeat despite it being a defeat, GP says it was a tough week but that they did well and that they followed it up with a good performance against Fulham, and despite being disappointed about not winning, the mood is good.

Journo asks if, despite being in a currently bad home run, GP and the players are going to take inspiration from the 3-0 win against Spurs last season. GP says that the home run is what it is but that despite the home advantage meaning less and less, they need to improve that (I like improvement in general but this shit... really needs to improve). As for the 3-0 the circumstances, teams, even their manager is different from then so it doesnt matter much now.

New journo, no hellos (is it you Johnny? How's the dog?) asks how instrumental Rob Sanchez is in the clean sheets. GP says he has performed well, not had loads of saves to make against Leeds but came for crosses well and relieved pressure of the defense and not much against Fulham. "Its just the start of his career, Johnny, he'll get better and better but I think you can see his qualities and his attributes, what he can bring, and I also know there is more to come from him. So that's exciting for us."

Johnny the Journo asks if drawing against other bottom teams creates extra pressure when playing the top teams despite already performing quite well against those. GP says they are entering every game with the belief they can get a positive result and that they played well against Chelsea at the start of the season and also well against United "only losing on a penalty after the whistle goes" (aburd 'innit, Johnny?), obviously would be easier if they beat similar level teams but he says no game is a write-off.

Johnny the Journo asks how much GP personally relishes going up against new managers every week and GP says it part of the role and nothing personal against Jose "thankfully, because it would be a must stay inside of the house sort of thing... he is a master" (I mean the bloke got a pretty decent collection of titles I'm not doing any cock measuring with him at this point in my career), if anything its a privilege to stand next to him in the technical area, but once that respect is cleared, its about trying to win the game, its his team against Joses.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Didn’t you used to be a football manager? Obviously Old School, Clough like even :lolol:

I used to tell the REMF strikers to pull their fingers out....but of course we were scoring goals like a machine!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I used to tell the REMF strikers to pull their fingers out....but of course we were scoring goals like a machine!

I bet some of them are the ones that post “I would have scored that” when our strikers keep missing!,,

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
GP brain in italics

Journo asks if there's any new injury concerns and when Welbeck and Lamptey will be back. GP says "nothing from the game, nothing fresh from the game" (though someone might be sick or got injured in training but not telling you or the opponent). Welbeck getting close, probably next week (I'd like to knock on wood for about 45 minutes but not going to ridicule my player in public). Tariq still two or three weeks away "I would guess" (maybe a litte more maybe a little less).

Journo asks if there is any transfers coming up before the end of the window, GP looks like someone who's been asked the same question 300 times despite answering the same thing every time and says "I'm not expecting anything, no. I'll just be focusing on the games. But anything is possible".

Journo asks about the "concerning financial news" and says while its not "in your realm and not your problem"... and asks if GP could reassure the fans that Biss & Lamptey wont be sold and also asks if he has sought reassurance himself that they wont be solved.
GP says "listen here you deaf illiterate stupid prick"... oh no, that was me. GP says "I dont think there is any need to worry about that" and that the losses are a part of what everybody is facing and that they have a good chairman who knows they are trying to develop some younger guys to take them forward in the PL, but that if someone like Barca or Real comes along its obviously difficult to say no.

Journo says "you are going to tell me they have plenty of other threats in the squad but Harry Kane is missing". GP sounds slightly annoyed with the journo putting words in his mouth and says "it would be unfair of me to say that they have another Harry Kane in their group" and that they have a good squad but wont be able to replace him.

Journo says he read somewhere that GP was invited to Real Madrid to see how Mourinho works and to "pick his brain", GP gives a modest "wtf" (wtf) look. GP said "no I didnt have that fortune" but that he was there for day (GP goes to Spain every summer with the "Roberto Martinez trainer bubble" to attend lectures and shit, my note) - not invited - and had the fortune to watch a training session. GP says that he found Mourinho, when he came to the UK, very interesting in how he conducted himself etc at the time.

Journo asks about GP:s managerial influences and if Mou is one of them. GP mentions Sir Alex as he was about the same age as the "class of 92" and then the next one was Mourinho. Also mentions Wenger and Pep.

Journo brings in the dynamite and asks GP if he had a little trim to the hair and says something about the hairdresser. GP says "my wife will be very thankful, she was very nervous and so was I, but thankfully the relationship is still intact. We're okay... but I'm not sure... I blame it on a windy day, its not the best."

Next journo asks if the players got their confidence improved by the City defeat despite it being a defeat, GP says it was a tough week but that they did well and that they followed it up with a good performance against Fulham, and despite being disappointed about not winning, the mood is good.

Journo asks if, despite being in a currently bad home run, GP and the players are going to take inspiration from the 3-0 win against Spurs last season. GP says that the home run is what it is but that despite the home advantage meaning less and less, they need to improve that (I like improvement in general but this shit... really needs to improve). As for the 3-0 the circumstances, teams, even their manager is different from then so it doesnt matter much now.

New journo, no hellos (is it you Johnny? How's the dog?) asks how instrumental Rob Sanchez is in the clean sheets. GP says he has performed well, not had loads of saves to make against Leeds but came for crosses well and relieved pressure of the defense and not much against Fulham. "Its just the start of his career, Johnny, he'll get better and better but I think you can see his qualities and his attributes, what he can bring, and I also know there is more to come from him. So that's exciting for us."

Johnny the Journo asks if drawing against other bottom teams creates extra pressure when playing the top teams despite already performing quite well against those. GP says they are entering every game with the belief they can get a positive result and that they played well against Chelsea at the start of the season and also well against United "only losing on a penalty after the whistle goes" (aburd 'innit, Johnny?), obviously would be easier if they beat similar level teams but he says no game is a write-off.

Johnny the Journo asks how much GP personally relishes going up against new managers every week and GP says it part of the role and nothing personal against Jose "thankfully, because it would be a must stay inside of the house sort of thing... he is a master" (I mean the bloke got a pretty decent collection of titles I'm not doing any cock measuring with him at this point in my career), if anything its a privilege to stand next to him in the technical area, but once that respect is cleared, its about trying to win the game, its his team against Joses.

Club should ditch the video on MyAlbion TV and the bollox on twitter and post this. 👏👏

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here