Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How would you react to us staying up but with our lowest ever PL points total?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
If we take everybody’s form after 19 games (the halfway point) and duplicate that for the second half of the season, the points threshold to stay up would be 26 - I’m presuming a record low. Even if you take into account the likelihood of the bottom three scrapping out a few extra points towards the end of the season, it’s hard to envisage the threshold being much more than 30 to survive this year. One way or another, I think that’ll be manageable for Albion.

However, if you do the same formula for Albion, we would end up with 34 points, our lowest PL points tally across the four seasons and 7 points fewer than GP achieved last year.

Simple question: how do you think you’d react to the scenario of us staying up, but with our lowest ever PL points tally?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Before the season "lowest ever PL points total" wouldnt have sounded very tempting but when you are 17th with half the season played, the "staying up" sounds pretty nice and a lot more important than the exact number of points. So thats my reaction... I would be quite pleased regardless of what I hoped for in August.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’d be waiting for an announcement from TB that would make 25% of Albion fans (as it stands today) very happy

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Couldn't give a toss how many points we have, as long as it is one more than the team in 18th place, or even the same as them with us having a better gd.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I would be delighted we've stayed up, mightily relieved for the club and Tony Bloom in particular.

I would then fire Potter for failing to achieve the ambition of progressing the club forward despite the investment in the squad.

It is Tony Bloom's money, so it's Tony Bloom's choice - but if you're asking me!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
As long as we stay up I don't mind at all.

36 should be enough this year and I'm confident we can double what we already have in the 2nd half of the season, although it would be nice to better last year's total and get to 42.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This season has been so weird. Weirder even than the last. Obviously i had hopes to be a little higher in the table but getting out of this one and surviving is all that matters.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I would then fire Potter for failing to achieve the ambition of progressing the club forward despite the investment in the squad.

That would be your reaction to staying up? I think you would be told off by someone, maybe something along the lines with "sorry, we respect your opinion but you are not in a position to make employment decisions regarding the club".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That would be your reaction to staying up? I think you would be told off by someone, maybe something along the lines with "sorry, we respect your opinion but you are not in a position to make employment decisions regarding the club".

But it HAS happened before, just two seasons ago, so don’t discount it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here