Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Front Three

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Well according to the Argus, Potter stated that the front three were at their best against Fulham. :eek:

If that's their best I'd hate to see them on a bad day !

Guys lots it surely ???

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They worked hard, combined well and created lots of chances. Next time, hopefully on Sunday, they will hopefully score a goal or two like they usually do.

Jimmy Grimble

He’s trying to protect their already fragile confidence, surely?

He was the same in the post match interview. Journalist tried to draw an answer out of him about our lack of end product and how frustrating it must be and he batted it away, instead gently praising them.

We’re all frustrated but the manager isn’t exactly going to come out and say the forwards finishing is letting us down. I think he’s probably aware of that but going public on it won’t help.

We can do that on here.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
He must be keenly aware of what the issue is but publicly slating your forwards, who are already low on confidence, is hardly going to boost moral. Right move by Potter in my book.

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
They worked hard, combined well and created lots of chances. Next time, hopefully on Sunday, they will hopefully score a goal or two like they usually do.

In our 14 League games since 1 November, we've scored 12 goals, of which 3 have been scored by Maupay, 2 each by Dunk, GroB and Wellbeck. The other 3 came from Connolly, March and Lamptey.

In effect (while all goals count, obviously) only 6 of our goals in the last 14 League games have come from our designated forwards.

Whether the problem lies with our strikers themselves, or with the way they are being trained or managed, I can't decide. Whatever it is, something seems to be seriously wrong - although our lack of clinical finishing and potency in front of goal has been a problem for the last 3-4 seasons (we over-relied on Glen Murray's "poacher's instinct" for too long) - and I can't see how it is going to be fixed in time to avoid relegation, especially as a couple of teams below us seem to be recovering.

There seems to be too much casual complacency - by Potter himself and many NSC posters - that "things will click into place soon", "We'll start converting draws into wins, and climb the table to safety....", "Don't worry, WBA, Fulham, Sheffield United are worse than us, and Newcastle and Palace are in free-fall too, so we'll be OK come May." Oh, and "We're too good to go down"!

Problem is, this over-optimism has been spun out since the start of the season: "Early days yet.....", "Give it time.....", "Our new players are still settling in", "Stop being so impatient....", "Our luck/form will improve after Christmas....", etc.

Meanwhile, those of us who expressed doubts about such optimism, and suggested that neither Potter nor the 'strikers' were good enough for the Premier League, were accused of being 'Bed-wetters' or "Palace trolls". Indeed, we still are.

Last edited:

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I agree with those on here that say Potter will not criticize the strikers openly. It’s a poor manager that cents his anger and frustration in public. The trouble is I can’t see him doing it privately either. When Maupay shot over the bar I had no problem calling him a few choice banes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Well according to the Argus, Potter stated that the front three were at their best against Fulham. :eek:

If that's their best I'd hate to see them on a bad day !

Guys lots it surely ???

He's not wrong, they did all play well overall.

Unfortunately Maupay - and Trossard in particular - didn't take the chances they should have but I would say that is the best they've both played for a while. Maupay looked as good as he did last season which I don't think he has for most of this despite the goals he has scored.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
In our 14 League games since 1 November, we've scored 12 goals, of which 3 have been scored by Maupay, 2 each by Dunk, GroB and Wellbeck. The other 3 came from Connolly, March and Lamptey.

In effect (while all goals count, obviously) only 6 of our goals in the last 14 League games have come from our designated forwards.

Whether the problem lies with our strikers themselves, or with the way they are being trained or managed, I can't decide. Whatever it is, something seems to be seriously wrong - although our lack of clinical finishing and potency in front of goal has been a problem for the last 3-4 seasons (we over-relied on Glen Murray's "poacher's instinct" for too long) - and I can't see how it is going to be fixed in time to avoid relegation, especially as a couple of teams below us seem to be recovering.

There seems to be too much casual complacency - by Potter himself and many NSC posters - that "things will click into place soon", "We'll start converting draws into wins, and climb the table to safety....", "Don't worry, WBA, Fulham, Sheffield United are worse than us, and Newcastle and Palace are in free-fall too, so we'll be OK come May." Oh, and "We're too good to go down"!

Problem is, this over-optimism has been spun out since the start of the season: "Early days yet.....", "Give it time.....", "Our new players are still settling in", "Stop being so impatient....", "Our luck/form will improve after Christmas....", etc.

Meanwhile, those of us who expressed doubts about such optimism, and suggested that neither Potter nor the 'strikers' were good enough for the Premier League, were accused of being 'Bed-wetters' or "Palace trolls". Indeed, we still are.

Best post on here for donkeys. Swanny and your cronies please please take note

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
They are?

Let me think [emoji848] there are three below us currently. Haven’t Fulham learnt how to defend? Didn’t Sheff U beat Man U?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I hope we're unchanged against Spurs. Our forwards looked threatening.

Maupay, Trossard and Mac Allister are beginning to forge a decent partnership. The goals will come.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018

Maupay, Trossard and Mac Allister are beginning to forge a decent partnership. The goals will come.

I would expect to see Connolly or tau starting to get behind them

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
I agree with those on here that say Potter will not criticize the strikers openly. It’s a poor manager that cents his anger and frustration in public. The trouble is I can’t see him doing it privately either. When Maupay shot over the bar I had no problem calling him a few choice banes.

Potter has to cope with what he got,end of story

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Yes I totally agree. Connolly and Tau useful to bring on later in the game too.

I do think the goals are going to come for Trossard soon. With Maupay I think this is what you’re always going to get, 10 or so goals in the season but also lots of misses. Making life difficult for defenders and creating opportunities for the other players at the same time.

With Trossard though I think he’s got the ability to score a lot more goals but it’s all in his head now. As soon as he does score, I really believe things will change and he will regularly start finding the net.

Mac Allister also has the potential to be an assist machine behind them.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
your paranoia is getting out of control again, is a transfer window about to slam shut? :mad::mad::mad: :lolol::lolol::lolol:

How is what I am saying paranoid?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here