Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] T10 League 2021

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Whilst most stuck in the mud types haven't gotten used to T20 cricket yet this year's T10 league has kicked off today in United Arab Emirates. 6 Sussex CC players are involved for the various teams (Phil Salt, David Weise, Chris Jordan, George Garton, Ravi Bopara, Luke Wright) though seeing as the UK is just about announce a travel ban in the UAE that could get interesting.

Sky are showing the matches live (next one is noon on Friday). They're usually about 90 minutes long.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I assume the ECB will be following this up with a new "The 50" competition.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Whilst most stuck in the mud types haven't gotten used to T20 cricket yet this year's T10 league has kicked off today in United Arab Emirates. 6 Sussex CC players are involved for the various teams (Phil Salt, David Weise, Chris Jordan, George Garton, Ravi Bopara, Luke Wright) though seeing as the UK is just about announce a travel ban in the UAE that could get interesting.

Sky are showing the matches live (next one is noon on Friday). They're usually about 90 minutes long.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll enjoy watching those Sussex boys in action although it does seem a rather one dimensional format of the greatest game (after snooker).

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Thanks for the heads up. I'll enjoy watching those Sussex boys in action although it does seem a rather one dimensional format of the greatest game (after snooker).

The matches with a lunchtime start are good to have on a different screen while I'm working from home.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Didnt know there is now 10 over competition. What a joke. Not long to go before no one has time to play proper cricket.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Didnt know there is now 10 over competition. What a joke. Not long to go before no one has time to play proper cricket.

I agree. How long will it be until 5 day matches are competing with 5 over matches. No competition, all the money, hype, excitement, pull, crowds will be drawn to baseball type cricket leaving a big hole in talent for the long game and real cricket.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Good over from CJ. 0-7.

Bowling Over #8 with the oppo 1 down, par must be about 14...?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Jordan 2-0-16-1

Outstanding figures in this (currently) shortest format.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I can always remember on Boxing Day morning 2008 watching the end of a New Zealand v West Indies T20i that was the first to go to a super over after it finished a tie. Charles Colville presenting it on Sky joked that why don't they just the whole hog in the future and just have 1 over games. What visionary.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
T20 is cricket for people who don't like cricket. T10 must be for people who can't even concentrate on T20.

Fine in the UAE during lockdown but normally I'd want a bit more drinking time than that too.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Comfortable win for the Qalanders (108-1 in 7.1 overs).

Just a shame there couldn't be a packed crowd to witness such a great cricket match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here