Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football Index

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Generally speaking joining Ponzi schemes is not that great if you want to make money

I was always very sceptical that your not actually investing in anything, and had to look up Ponzi scheme basically it is a pyramid scheme...
Very few winners in that outcome apart from possibly a few early birds and the people that set it up. Lots of sob stories in the BBC article, but I have no sympathy being caught out when I was younger, I had no one else to blame but myself. If something sounds too good to be true it generally is.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I know someone who has ‘lost’ 9 grand on this. He thinks he’ll get his money back.
I’m not sure he put all that in, I think a fair amount was ‘profit’

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I was always very sceptical that your not actually investing in anything, and had to look up Ponzi scheme basically it is a pyramid scheme...
Very few winners in that outcome apart from possibly a few early birds and the people that set it up. Lots of sob stories in the BBC article, but I have no sympathy being caught out when I was younger, I had no one else to blame but myself. If something sounds too good to be true it generally is.

I am not sure how many of the people throwing arund the ponzi scheme accusation or indeed how many of those heavily invested realised, that there was a limit on how long you could "own" shares in a specific player of three years.This levelled the playing field somewhat between new and established players. I just think the owners got greedy. I have posted previously about my own reasons for getting out when I did, but the other thing they did, which I didn't like, was to award a chunk of dividends based on media coverage around Europe. Not only did it favour celebrity over footballing ability, it was also widely open to interpretation and manipulation on behalf of the index owners.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here