Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cometh a saviour!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Okay, with no new striker signings likely in the next four days, with no U23 striker ready to step up and with Murray probably off to join Hughton, this fella seems like the only one we have left who might have some sort of composure when shooting.

There is still hope that we might score another goal this season! Grab yourself a cuppa, kick back, relax and watch this:

COMING SOON TO A SOUTH COAST CLUB NEAR YOU!

Last edited:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Wouldn't we be happy if we were about to sign the guy in this video. My message to Potter is "get building some bridges".

boik

It has to be said that the thing most evident in that video is his sheer determination to beat defenders to the ball and get a shot away - something we saw v Palace. I just wonder........

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Wouldn't we be happy if we were about to sign the guy in this video. My message to Potter is "get building some bridges".

Love the way this fella celebrates his goals with the fans! You can see he loves it. He also possibly has that ruthless nasty streak we need in front of goal.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Show the video, on repeat to our strikers and tell them unless they can replicate the goals, Andone will be replacing you

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
If he can get fit, and doesn't fall out with anyone, he's got a great chance to establish himself in the PL.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The script says he'll get the only goal in a 1-0 win v Newcastle at the Amex in his first match back.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've always thought he is a proven goal scorer at the highest level. Anyone know when he's due back ?

And I really didn't think the sending off v Southampton was as reckless as Dunk's v Palace *ducks and heads for cover*

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
And I really didn't think the sending off v Southampton was as reckless as Dunk's v Palace *ducks and heads for cover*

lob.gif

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Hang on...wasn't he shipped out for being a disruptive influence and the only reason he's back is due to long term injury?

Firstly i very much doubt he'll be fit enough to play this season, and secondly anyone who thinks he'll play for us again is being a bit nieve. I suspect he'll be released in the summer without playing another game for us.

To think for one minute Andone is going to be our saviour really is the definition of clutching at straws.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
IF he could get himself fit & wants to play for us, then I honestly see him as a decent asset who can score some goals. A fit Andone is as good as most the striker signings we've been linked with. But him being fit enough to start Prem games in the next few months is a lot to ask.

If there was no way he would be fit this season I doubt Potter would have made his ''February or March'' comment. So we can but hope.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Look at this guy though, scoring on every single opportunity. Not missing one single chance!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qViu-aZCFZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xURe5o3TGso

Or this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPAX6jeCK9M

Or this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE1Wzq0h7Rk

Andone, Maupay, Connolly & Welbeck - four strikers scoring 100% of their chances (according to these videos). Looking very positive.

But in reality goals per career EPL minute tells the true story.

Andone 1 goal / 238 mins.

Maupay 1 goal / 239 mins.

Connolly 1 goal / 368 mins.
(U23s 1/111 mins.)

Welbeck 1 goal / 274 mins.
(1/310 mins for us)

Murray 1 goal every 205 mins.
(1/211 mins for us.)

And for comparison,

Ashley Barnes 1 goal / 278 mins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here