Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Richard Osman's House of Games.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Anyone else hear the distinct sound of the scraping of the bottom of the barrel throughout the whole episode? He really didn't have any interesting ancestors at all and most of his family was completely ignored.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Anyone else hear the distinct sound of the scraping of the bottom of the barrel throughout the whole episode? He really didn't have any interesting ancestors at all and most of his family was completely ignored.

Oi, one of them, seven generations back (giving a choice of 126 direct ancestors) was once a witness in a murder trial, and took up most of the program.

What do you mean, not interesting :wink:

SAC

May 21, 2014
As much as I love HoG, RO is on WDYTYA right now and has a family history from Brighton going back hundreds of years, yet chooses to support Fulham.

What happened to him?

I had to turn over as they kept saying that his grandad came from the streets of Brighton. Just annoyed me so I watched Taskmaster with the adverts instead.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
One of the best WDYTYA’s ever, fantastic viewing, would recommend catching it on iplayer.

Osman comes across as a kind person, the 1936 onwards British Army stuff was great and so was the wealth of anecdotal history about Brighton 200 years ago.

Far more interesting than yet another toff who, hey presto, can trace their direct ancestry back to William The Conqueror.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
One of the best WDYTYA’s ever, fantastic viewing, would recommend catching it on iplayer.

Osman comes across as a kind person, the 1936 onwards British Army stuff was great and so was the wealth of anecdotal history about Brighton 200 years ago.

Far more interesting than yet another toff who, hey presto, can trace their direct ancestry back to William The Conqueror.
Haven't seen the show or House of Games but..Osman comes over as a very likeable guy, someone you could have a few pints with.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
According to an interview I saw, the Albion is his second team which given he went to S******t Park with his brother, says a lot. I remember reading somewhere that he was living in west London and went to several clubs but fell in love with us the first time he went to the Cottage. Unsurprising, given he'd been dragged to Palace and also sampled the delights of Stamford Bridge. Obviously I'm very happy he's a very 'out' Cottager.

I herd about the show today. Always impressed with anyone who chooses a team for reasons other than them winning trophies. Proper fans.

I far more enjoyed trips to Fulham, Brentford, Orient etc. There's something real about it.

I shouldn't really care, but when I see folk in Brighton with Arsenal, Chelsea, United etc shirts I just don't see them as real fans. When I was a kid I supported Aston Villa as much as Brighton. I dumped them when they won the league. It wasn't the same anymore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here