Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Richard Osman's House of Games.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Does Richard Osman actually divide popular opinion? Seems like everyone loves him or am I in some sort of social bubble?

Can't stand the bloke he is useless and should be binned.

Early series of House of Games

He kept saying even I don't know what the round will be until I press this button but answer smash was always the last round.
Only took him a few years to drop this obvious error.

Clearly has favourites when deciding whether to allow a slow response or wrong first attempt.

Loads of other errors all the time.

Take his earpiece away from him and he would be no better than a member of the audience.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Can't stand the bloke he is useless and should be binned.

Early series of House of Games

He kept saying even I don't know what the round will be until I press this button but answer smash was always the last round.
Only took him a few years to drop this obvious error.

Clearly has favourites when deciding whether to allow a slow response or wrong first attempt.

Loads of other errors all the time.

Take his earpiece away from him and he would be no better than a member of the audience.

He invented it, so he’s allowed to do what he wants really. Don’t watch it if you don’t like him, but he’s getting enough viewing figures to justify its broadcasting.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Smug and patronising bordering on plain rude without the charisma to carry it off imo. He does have quite a good sense of humour though, and is clearly bright. Not for me Clive

bobbab5

Sep 5, 2003
Ely, Cambs.
Grew up in HH and went to school at Warden Park and loved it when Suede came out of the town (so excited to buy the debut album back on vinyl in the day, with it's free Suede carrier bag. Mat Osman being the bassist of course). My sister was in Richard's class at school, always said he was a brainy *******. He's done brilliantly for himself, hats off to him. But, mostly, when I see him on tv my first thought is always.... my god what an ugly sod you are. Bad fan.

I used to work at WH Smith at HH station and we delivered their parent's daily paper. His Mum always used to come in each week to pay. How come Mat Osman went to Oathall, but Richard went to WP? Also Brett's Dad used to be on the taxi rank and we always talked about Suede's albums, he was very proud of Brett.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
He cut his teeth on Radio Sussex when he was about 18 on a show called 'Turn It Up' in about 1990, which also featured Jem Stone (of this parish), Bennett Dean (now one of the club photographers) and Jo Wiley.

Jul 7, 2003
Jake is still a huge improvement on the embarrassment that was in that seat last week. Even Richard Osman looked like he was getting annoyed by Ronni Ancona's constant whining by the end of the week.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Jake is still a huge improvement on the embarrassment that was in that seat last week. Even Richard Osman looked like he was getting annoyed by Ronni Ancona's constant whining by the end of the week.

I love Ronni Ancona , constant whining? I thought it was quite amusing, and all very tongue in cheek.

JackB247

Sep 25, 2013
Burgess Hill
Take from having caught up on this week's shows is did Patsy Kensit have any idea at all what sort of show she was taking part in?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Take from having caught up on this week's shows is did Patsy Kensit have any idea at all what sort of show she was taking part in?

Probably not, but l'm sure she was well paid for sitting there and looking gorgeous as she came out with her inane answers.

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
I love Ronni Ancona , constant whining? I thought it was quite amusing, and all very tongue in cheek.

Really ? I thought she was a dreadful woman - constant whining and attention seeking. It really did look like RIchard Osman was on the brink of telling her to shut the **** up. I love HOG but I very nearly binned off last weeks shows just because of her.

To be fair I dont find her funny in any of the shows she's been in either, and that show she did with Alistair McGowen a few years back was horrific too, so maybe I just don't "get" her.:shrug:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Really ? I thought she was a dreadful woman - constant whining and attention seeking. It really did look like RIchard Osman was on the brink of telling her to shut the **** up. I love HOG but I very nearly binned off last weeks shows just because of her.

To be fair I dont find her funny in any of the shows she's been in either, and that show she did with Alistair McGowen a few years back was horrific too, so maybe I just don't "get" her.:shrug:

With you on all of this. Ancona came across as a petulant, unfunny, attention-seeking little cow.

My wife was almost chucking things at the TV, so annoying she found her.

Seemed unlikely best mates with Sally Phillips who appeared to be absolutely charming.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
With you on all of this. Ancona came across as a petulant, unfunny, attention-seeking little cow.

My wife was almost chucking things at the TV, so annoying she found her.

Seemed unlikely best mates with Sally Phillips who appeared to be absolutely charming.

I echo this...Mrs Loz just kept saying "shut her up" whereas I just kept looking at sally Phillips who looked absolutely gorgeous.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
At least she is better than Patsy Kensit who is on this week, seems to have turned up just for the appearance money, and to remind people she is still alive.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
At least she is better than Patsy Kensit who is on this week, seems to have turned up just for the appearance money, and to remind people she is still alive.

Probably the only job she has had for a while to be fair. I certainly hadn't seen her on the box in ages.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here