Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Embarrassing performance

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What happens to us as a team, when we play in a match that we really need to win, and we then embarass ourselves,like tonight. It has happened so many times over the years, and yet when we play sides like Spurs, Chelsea and Manchester United, we play above ourselves, and the luck is against us. I genuinely thought that we would put up a good show tonight and win, but in the end we gained a rather fortunate point. The trouble is, can we get any better and win on the weekend. I must admit I am having my doubts now. Lose that one and all hope will be lost, and a far larger viewing audience will be watching, and that not good.
I’m as disappointed as anybody after tonight’s result,but all this blaming the manager is no use to anyone,feel the players really let him and us down tonight. Expect to get relegated this season unless we go on an amazing run,changing manager at this stage of the season would be a disaster. The only comfort is Newcastle’s form.
If there were games this season for us to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and show some real ambition to win wasn’t it tonight? We were second best all evening deserved nothing but somehow hung on the managers negative tactics will relegate us if it hadn’t all ready .... 5 at the back. .....no forwards ......just wingers....who can’t finish ...totally frustrating Time for a change I think ....... He can go learn his trade somewhere else
We had to win to survive as draw is no good. Terrible how we did not get beat at least 3-0 . We are relegated especially as Burnley wZnt out of sight. We can’t buy a win snd should have got a striker from the moon if necessary
Only thing that would cheer me up today would be the managers resignation

All from the Fulham boards. And there's a lot lot more. Some perspective I guess. For all the disappointment on here, others have it worse.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What happens to us as a team, when we play in a match that we really need to win, and we then embarass ourselves,like tonight. It has happened so many times over the years, and yet when we play sides like Spurs, Chelsea and Manchester United, we play above ourselves, and the luck is against us. I genuinely thought that we would put up a good show tonight and win, but in the end we gained a rather fortunate point. The trouble is, can we get any better and win on the weekend. I must admit I am having my doubts now. Lose that one and all hope will be lost, and a far larger viewing audience will be watching, and that not good.
I’m as disappointed as anybody after tonight’s result,but all this blaming the manager is no use to anyone,feel the players really let him and us down tonight. Expect to get relegated this season unless we go on an amazing run,changing manager at this stage of the season would be a disaster. The only comfort is Newcastle’s form.
If there were games this season for us to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and show some real ambition to win wasn’t it tonight? We were second best all evening deserved nothing but somehow hung on the managers negative tactics will relegate us if it hadn’t all ready .... 5 at the back. .....no forwards ......just wingers....who can’t finish ...totally frustrating Time for a change I think ....... He can go learn his trade somewhere else
We had to win to survive as draw is no good. Terrible how we did not get beat at least 3-0 . We are relegated especially as Burnley wZnt out of sight. We can’t buy a win snd should have got a striker from the moon if necessary
Only thing that would cheer me up today would be the managers resignation

All from the Fulham boards. And there's a lot lot more. Some perspective I guess. For all the disappointment on here, others have it worse.

five or 6 sitters missed mate ......that's just not down to Potter in my opinion.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Almost as if... as if... we played really well and it just didn’t happen... opposition fans giving us way more credit than some of our blinkered fans there - maybe these blinkered posters throwing their toys should feel embarrassed at some of their comments last night?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here