Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has Potter fixed our defensive frailties?

Has Potter sorted our leaky goal problem?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Posted elsewhere but wanted to also post here. Apologies for the self indulgence:

- Liverpool’s XG against us 0.25
- Leeds XG against us their lowest in three seasons under Bielsa
- United had 6 shots against us
- Palace mustered one shot, a penalty
- City only scored one at the Etihad
- Spurs XG tonight 0.37

We are a VERY good side that takes games to teams and also stops them playing.

I’ve noticed the thrashings of last year (I define a thrashing by a winning margin of 3+ goals) have gone with defeats limited to top 10 teams, usually by a single goal.

We’ve been poor against Everton, Leicester & West Brom (2nd half only) but have deserved a point or more out of every other fixture.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Posted elsewhere but wanted to also post here. Apologies for the self indulgence:

- Spurs XG tonight 0.37

Good research, this is what I was alluding to in the match thread. It seems to be a trend so often, that it can no longer be a coincidence.

In most of our games the other team magically has an off day, or aren’t at their best (“Spurs haven’t played well today, “Leeds haven’t been at their best”). I wonder how long it’ll be until folk realise this is down to us, our play and the we’re set up for the match.

We’re still very likely to lose to Pool of course, but generally speaking we are in most games.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

- Spurs XG tonight 0.37

This is a very good post. It is unfortunate that our struggles to score from the chances we create mask the excellent work that we do elsewhere on the pitch. I can only assume that the Potter Outers must believe we are a very lucky side, in that teams seem to just "happen" to have a bad day against us.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Good research, this is what I was alluding to in the match thread. It seems to be a trend so often, that it can no longer be a coincidence.

In most of our games the other team magically has an off day, or aren’t at their best (“Spurs haven’t played well today, “Leeds haven’t been at their best”). I wonder how long it’ll be until folk realise this is down to us, our play and the we’re set up for the match.

We’re still very likely to lose to Pool of course, but generally speaking we are in most games.

Not research, all from memory. Might all be bollocks!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Tottenham - clean sheet.

4 EPL games and just a single goal conceded to the most expensively assembled team in the sport.

Fair play, but let us not forget it's taken us 11 EPL games at home to win.

Fantastic performance last night, long may it continue. :thumbsup:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

- Spurs XG tonight 0.37

We have been good at defending from open play all season, but we seem to have cut down on is the giving away of cheap set pieces in dangerous positions from which we have conceded so many goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here