Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would Potter have gone by now if fans were at games?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Because its his f*cking job !

No, it's THEIR job. Once they step on the pitch, or when they're about to strike the ball, there's nothing he can do or say to have any impact. The PLAYERS miss the chances, not the manager.

When the team was announced last night, from what I saw there was general agreement and excitement about what was to follow. We created LOADS of chances, with those players. The strikers should have put AT LEAST one of those chances away.

Potter chose the right players, but some of the players let him down. IMO.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
To be fair managers do get sacked by the owners judgement of crowd reactions, ST holders wouldn’t of had any value for a long long time. No one remembers we played well and didn’t win, they remember wins and going home happy. I remember a shit awful game against Stoke at Withers 95th minute we scored and won 1-0 the performance was forgotten and we all went home buzzing.

SCassidy

Dec 2, 2020

Is anyone going to tell this guy or shall I do it?

It's the striker's job to put the ball in the back of the net, not the head coach's. The head coach's job, put simply for you, is to get the team to play in such a way that it provides the strikers with the opportunity to do THEIR job, whilst also limiting the opposition to minimal chances. Potter's team literally did that yesterday. Controlled the game from start to finish and created plenty. His strikers let him down.

Oh, and please don't say: "But, but Potter should be getting them to practice their shooting" because...
a) Watch any recent training video on the club's twitter or facebook pages and you'll see that the players practice their finishing.
b) Premier League strikers shouldn't have to be coached on how to finish from 3 to 12 yards out. It's their f*cking job!

Clown.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Would be good wouldn't it.

If fans were allowed in the stadium Potter would have resigned by now. Fact.

I think he's very lucky to have an empty stadium at the moment as sheer vitriol that would have been directed at him after last nights substitution ("YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING") would hopefully have tipped the boring tosser over the edge. I don't think it would have been lost on the players either.

Its not a fact is it you thick ****.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Whilst I'm definitely on the Fence there's no way I can see Potter resigning in the foreseeable future. He's got his dream job and must be on a decent wage. Jack it all in to go back to the Championship or sit at home hoping another Premier League team want him? Not likely. He'll want to stay as long a possible to prove his worth.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
No, it's THEIR job. Once they step on the pitch, or when they're about to strike the ball, there's nothing he can do or say to have any impact. The PLAYERS miss the chances, not the manager.

When the team was announced last night, from what I saw there was general agreement and excitement about what was to follow. We created LOADS of chances, with those players. The strikers should have put AT LEAST one of those chances away.

Agreed, BUT, the way they play is down to his coaching and management. Maupay was a 20+ striker, albeit at lower level, he's gone backwards. It's not fair to single him out solely, but he is the main culprit alongside Trossard.

His in game management and tactics have gone from inspirational to insipid. His management last night, particularly second half was scared of losing, no risk, no real desire to win.

JonnyCLately

Jan 16, 2018
Shoreham by sea

I think he's very lucky to have an empty stadium at the moment as sheer vitriol that would have been directed at him after last nights substitution ("YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING") would hopefully have tipped the boring tosser over the edge. I don't think it would have been lost on the players either.

Utter bollocks from you again which whilst entirely predictable is still stupidity incarnate - why don't you just stop posting and go back under the stone from whence you came

el punal

“Boring tosser” - not you by any chance? On second thoughts maybe just a look at me to get a reaction - well done. :shrug:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
McGhee RESIGNS!!!!!!!!!!

Just to prove he is a sad attention seeker a quick search shows this from 04.03.2006, and every manger since by the look of it (and Barber and Dick Knight), he clearly doesn't support BHAFC

Lets hope this is the headline mondays ARGUS has on its back page:clap:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

You can’t actually state that as a fact.

The rest :facepalm:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

yes , this has been the case for the last 20 odd games especially home ones ........we are ridiculously wasteful in front of goal.

however when Alimac looks like he's got a chance of hitting the onion bag he is hauled off in place of Propper who frankly wouldn't score in Kuta....i think this is where a lot of people have bona fide questions re Potter and what his actual format is.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Agreed, BUT, the way they play is down to his coaching and management. Maupay was a 20+ striker, albeit at lower level, he's gone backwards. It's not fair to single him out solely, but he is the main culprit alongside Trossard.

His in game management and tactics have gone from inspirational to insipid. His management last night, particularly second half was scared of losing, no risk, no real desire to win.

So if you are not able to score as many goals in the PL as in a lower division, it means you've gone backwards? Some "Paul Mullin" is the current top scorer in a lower English division with 17 goals. If he ends up at lets say Burnley and only scores 8, does this mean he would have gone backwards as a player?

Too bad you didnt see the desire to win yesterday, I thought the team looked pretty keen on trying to get the ball into their net but I guess we percieve things differently.

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

I agree with this statement.

If you're the manager of the local Maccies and you allow staff to perform ineptly and do nothing about it you'll get the tin tack, same way football should run.

The only difference I would add is that if not GPott, who? There's no budget, you've got to work with the players you have?

Would Smug Eddie, Frank, Sparky make any difference?

We'll be safe, by the skin of our teeth, but we'll be safe.

#bekind

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

WOW! you're dull :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here