Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So who do you replace potter with then?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I don’t suspect or even expect TB to put his hand in his pocket by this Friday to improve the team (The Tools)

Therefore the Craftsman we have using the tools already in the box has 2 choices if they want to improve the standard of work they offer:-

1. Continue to do what they always do and continue to achieve what they always got ( some are happy with this [emoji106])

2. Change the way they use the tools to achieve a better result (We all want this).

Alternatively get a better craftsman in to use the same tools [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Unless we singed a good, Murray type striker, even Pep and Klopp in partnership would struggle to get wins.
Our downfall will be, for various reasons we haven’t singed the player we have been crying out for, for 3 seasons.

It amazes me when the pundits trot out the ‘Brighton haven’t scored enough this season’line.

We haven’t replaced Murray, and it should have been done 3 seasons ago.

That, by the way, isn’t Potters fault.

I agree that it's not Potter's fault we haven't got better options up front. However, he has got a much stronger squad than we've had before in the PL. In the last 12 months alone we've had Lallana, Lamptey, White, Veltman and Welbeck added to a squad that stayed up quite comfortably last season. Yes, strikers have missed some chances but Potter's job is to get us winning games and his record is really poor.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
If we were taking our chances and scoring goals most would be very happy.
We create many chances and put the ball at the feet of our players, who then either miss or hit it straight at the goalkeeper.
Unless we are going to bring in a player who can take those chances and score no manager will be able to improve our results.
Maybe we already have one in Wellbeck, but we always knew he was going to be injured.
If we keep creating the chances surely some must go in sooner or later, but the amount of missed chances especially from Maupay and Trossard is getting really silly now, even though we beat Leeds and Maupay scored the perfect Potterball goal.
I would be much more worried if we were not creating chances and losing.
I still think that our squad at full strength is good enough but the injuries to our best players has really hit us.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I agree that it's not Potter's fault we haven't got better options up front. However, he has got a much stronger squad than we've had before in the PL. In the last 12 months alone we've had Lallana, Lamptey, White, Veltman and Welbeck added to a squad that stayed up quite comfortably last season. Yes, strikers have missed some chances but Potter's job is to get us winning games and his record is really poor.

Let me just say, I didn’t agree with the substitution yesterday. If Connolly, Lallana, Tau , are on the bench, they should be fit enough to play at least 20 minutes. Propper was never going to get the goal we desperately needed.
On your main point, Lamptey, Lallana, and Welbeck have all spent a lot of time out injured, our other 2 main squad additions are defenders.

The total cost in transfer fees , of all you mentioned, was less than 4 million, which , realistically a drop in the ocean in PL terms. I understand that because of current financial restraints we can’t go and blow 30 million on a striker, but, that may be what it takes. I can’t help thinking that our parsimony in getting the missing piece will come back and bite us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here