Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So who do you replace potter with then?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So who then?

Why exactly are you so desperate for me to give you a name when I've categorically told you, with explicit reasoning, why I'm not going to give you one?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Unless we singed a good, Murray type striker, even Pep and Klopp in partnership would struggle to get wins.
Our downfall will be, for various reasons we haven’t singed the player we have been crying out for, for 3 seasons.

It amazes me when the pundits trot out the ‘Brighton haven’t scored enough this season’line.

We haven’t replaced Murray, and it should have been done 3 seasons ago.

That, by the way, isn’t Potters fault.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Why exactly are you so desperate for me to give you a name when I've categorically told you, with explicit reasoning, why I'm not going to give you one?

Look at the thread title man? It’s not hard?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I honestly have no idea why people would want Eddie Howe. Spent a fortune and took a decent team down. Overrated to the extreme.
And Lampard, come on now.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So you haven’t got a name then.

As I've already explained (multiple times) to another user on here I don't believe it is my place to be telling the club who to hire as a manager if they get rid of the current one. I expect them to have a list drawn up and ready for use at all times. It's prudent business planning (something the club usually takes extremely seriously) to do so.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
As I've already explained (multiple times) to another user on here I don't believe it is my place to be telling the club who to hire as a manager if they get rid of the current one. I expect them to have a list drawn up and ready for use at all times. It's prudent business planning (something the club usually takes extremely seriously) to do so.

So who then?

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011

So you don’t have a name??

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Come on Hokey Cokey boys..let’s hear it for your boy.

Say it, the guy you want to manage us.. is..

... eddie howe

[emoji2960]

Why not ?
More experience than potters ever had
You keep cheering for the clueless clown Tony obviously happy to lose a few more mill in the championship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So who then?

So you haven’t got a name then.

Look at the thread title man? It’s not hard?

So who then?

So you don’t have a name??

Eddie Howe?

I’m a fence sitter currently but If he went I’d be sniffing around Farke, maybe Thomas Frank even have a look at Billic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I didn’t get a response from you two or did you both smell blood and rounded on A1X?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

Lol

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We would have to replace him with a manager with a similar footballing philosophy wouldn’t we? I doubt that we can afford to change style mid season given when we are in the table. That leaves Eddie Howe, although getting Lampard in would be an option too if we want to see a genuinely clueless manager. Benitez or Pulis if we are brave enough to revert to everyone behind the ball. Have I missed a better manager currently out of work?

We really are spoilt for choice, shocked TB hasn’t pulled the plug, maybe he’ll do it later today so we can get our new manager in for the weekend. We need to get back to our rightful place and quickly.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Fabrizio Indipopolescu of AFC Stricklethump . Does he actually exist? No, but we need to try something different. So if we can get the players to believe in him and his imaginary backroom staff, I think it could be perfect for us. It would save Tony a fortune in wages too.

Last edited:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
We would have to replace him with a manager with a similar footballing philosophy wouldn’t we? I doubt that we can afford to change style mid season given when we are in the table. That leaves Eddie Howe, although getting Lampard in would be an option too if we want to see a genuinely clueless manager. Benitez or Pulis if we are brave enough to revert to everyone behind the ball. Have I missed a better manager currently out of work?

We really are spoilt for choice, shocked TB hasn’t pulled the plug, maybe he’ll do it later today so we can get our new manager in for the weekend. We need to get back to our rightful place and quickly.

Rightful place? What’s that? It’s definitely isn’t a top division club. This is our 8th season in 120 years. We’ve traditionally been somewhere between lower tier 2 and upper tier 3.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rightful place? What’s that? It’s definitely isn’t a top division club. This is our 8th season in 120 years. We’ve traditionally been somewhere between lower tier 2 and upper tier 3.

Whilst I agree with you 100%, it seems a fairly large number don’t as far as I can make out. We need to forget where we came from and show some ambition.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Given money spent and relative squads, who do you think performed better this season, Frank Lampard or Potter?

Exactly, give Potter the resources at Chelsea and the sky is the limit. I don't get the Potter out crowd. He is clearly doing his job, great football, the defense has stopped shaking, the midfield is creating plenty of quality chances up front we just need a clinical striker, we don't need a Messi or Ronaldo we just need a pair of forwards who can capitalise on the decent decent chances the team are creating. Potter is doing his job, it's Maupay etc who are not doing what they are being paid for.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
PHP:
Whilst I agree with you 100%, it seems a fairly large number don’t as far as I can make out. We need to forget where we came from and show some ambition.

Agreed. All I’d say is the club is doing things in the right way and building a strong foundation with the ground and academy.

This pandemic almost rules out big money signings, so we are trying to do things sustainably. We have a plan, a long term plan and whilst it’s not always going to be plain sailing, I have every faith behind what the club is doing and seeking to achieve.

I genuinely believe Potter is the right man for the club currently. I also believe he is learning. We have tweaked the style slightly in as much as Sanchez is more prepared to go long. I also think we are starting to see the team not pass, for passings sake.

We look far more incisive going forward like this, just need to finish. We also look far more resolute at the back with consecutive clean sheets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here