Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Potter were to leave tomorrow.........

Who would snap up a free Graham Potter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Why?

You can judge the quality of a squad by who you think would get poached by better sides. In our case it's only Biss, Lamptey and possibly White (plus a rumour about Dunk every time his missus wants to redecorate, fed by his agent to a gullible Albion fan). So who would poach our coach? If the answer isn't another EPL side then you wonder about his value and ability dont you?

Southampton would have him in a heartbeat if Hassle-nut left. Imagine a Potter team with Ings up front, the former Burnley man would be on 15+ by now if he’d be playing for us this season.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Which EPL side is looking for a new manager? None, so Potter is clearly absolute shit. You do have a weird logic in your head

Not really. Potter was gainfully employed at Swansea when we got him.

Why didn't Chelsea come running for "the best English coach in the game"? ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Guinness Boy;9708798 Why didn't Chelsea come running for "the best English coach in the game"? ???[/QUOTE said:
You do realise how silly that comment is don’t you? You know nothing about Abramovich?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not really. Potter was gainfully employed at Swansea when we got him.

Why didn't Chelsea come running for "the best English coach in the game"? ???

When have Chelsea ever recruited an English Manager that wasn’t ‘one of their own’ under Abramovich?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Which EPL side is looking for a new manager? None, so Potter is clearly absolute shit. You do have a weird logic in your head

Realistically, Steve Bruce is almost certainly going to get the chop at some point. Do you honestly think Newcastle would appoint Potter right now?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Realistically, Steve Bruce is almost certainly going to get the chop at some point. Do you honestly think Newcastle would appoint Potter right now?

Mike Ashley is no Tony Bloom.

Someone like Pulis would be my guess.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Last time I looked Potter had a job and a much better one than the poisoned chalice that is Newcastle

Leeds fans seemed quite keen on him last week though. Their knee jerk was after being outplayed in a defeat not after a draw against a relegation rival

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Leeds fans seemed quite keen on him last week though.

Leeds fans also think they've won the European Cup at some point. Their judgement is...unreliable.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
You do realise how silly that comment is don’t you? You know nothing about Abramovich?

Not really.

He recruited Fat Frank, presumably to bring on the youngsters. Pep then stated GP was the best English coach in the league, ranking him above FF.

This is getting pointless again though. Whenever people are asked to provide a Potter replacement you manage to come up with a reason why they wouldn't come here. Now I'm asking a hypothetical question about who would take him if he left you're coming out with excuses why he wouldn't be taken by other teams. Yet, surely, the "best English coach" in the EPL would be???

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He's not uprooting his family and moving again in the near future so it would have to be some team in southern England and he wont work for some absurd owner again like in Swansea, so his options would be fairly limited. Saints when Hassenhuttl moves on would be the most logical option.

Think Guinness Boy, neilbard, junior and rest of the braintrust are going to have to keep hoping in vain though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Judging by some of the shocking Prem appointments when chairmen press the panic button, Potter could easily get another Prem job.

Pulis, Hughes, Bruce, Pardew, Allardyce have all sat tignt and got work in the past, I can see Potter getting a job at one of the yoyo clubs.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not really.

He recruited Fat Frank, presumably to bring on the youngsters. Pep then stated GP was the best English coach in the league, ranking him above FF.

This is getting pointless again though. Whenever people are asked to provide a Potter replacement you manage to come up with a reason why they wouldn't come here. Now I'm asking a hypothetical question about who would take him if he left you're coming out with excuses why he wouldn't be taken by other teams. Yet, surely, the "best English coach" in the EPL would be???

He recruited Fat Frank because he was a Chelsea legend and because they had a transfer embargo. He did better than expected so kept the job. Allegedly he had little say in the signing of 200 million worth of signings and has been a dead man walking for a while. He is also the only non title/cup big name manager appointed under Abramovich.

So because he didn’t want Potter you think your argument stands up? Are you drunk?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
He recruited Fat Frank because he was a Chelsea legend and because they had a transfer embargo. He did better than expected so kept the job. Allegedly he had little say in the signing of 200 million worth of signings and has been a dead man walking for a while. He is also the only non title/cup big name manager appointed under Abramovich.

So because he didn’t want Potter you think your argument stands up? Are you drunk?

I’ll run you through this step by step.

1 - people say our team isn’t good enough and Potter is doing the best he can with our players. They back this up by asking who would sign our players and whose squad these players would get in.

2 - using the same logic I’ve asked which other EPL teams would poach Potter.

3 - Pep has rather famously called Potter the best British coach in the EPL.

Just wondering if Potter is so good why he’s not in the frame? Must be cheaper than Tuchel even with our compo? Managers aren’t players in finance terms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I’ll run you through this step by step.

1 - people say our team isn’t good enough and Potter is doing the best he can with our players. They back this up by asking who would sign our players and whose squad these players would get in.

2 - using the same logic I’ve asked which other EPL teams would poach Potter.

3 - Pep has rather famously called Potter the best British coach in the EPL.

Just wondering if Potter is so good why he’s not in the frame? Must be cheaper than Tuchel even with our compo? Managers aren’t players in finance terms.

S from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, come back in the morning and try again when you are sober :lolol:

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I don’t think he would get one. His reputation is falling apart.

None of our managers from the AMEX have a job at the top table.

Hughton and Jones are at their level.

Garcia? Hyypia? Poyet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here