• Parker

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Equal

Votes: 20 29.4%

• Total voters

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Well, who won, Potter or Parker?

I think its fair enough to say Potter out thought Bielsa the Messiah and possibly Pep the invincible in the last two matches, but today, the first game of the second half of the season, did he earn his money against Parker?

Ouch, its round 20.....

Last edited:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Parker made some good changes in the second and Potter didn't do enough.
First half the team and shape was right.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We created a couple of very good chances, them less so, on balance it was Potters night.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Potter. Totally read them. All of their usual counter-attack passing paths were closed off making them give away the ball in dangerous positions over and over again. The players knew what Fulham were going to do in every single situation until Mitrovic came on and made things a bit unpredictable.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
How can anyone actually say Parker. We battered them and they barely created a chance. Potter outdid him totally.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Potter. Totally read them. All of their usual counter-attack passing paths were closed off making them give away the ball in dangerous positions over and over again. The players knew what Fulham were going to do in every single situation until Mitrovic came on and made things a bit unpredictable.

How come Mitro isn't playing much this season? He always seems to have the beating of Dunk.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
How come Mitro isn't playing much this season? He always seems to have the beating of Dunk.

My guess: because Fulham changed formation and way of playing, more counter-attack oriented football and he is just too slow to make runs behind defenses. Would probably be a decent scorer in a dominant team.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I think it’s the fact that he doesn’t have the beating of many other defenders, it’s a Lewis thing.

Dunk has a strange blind spot with Mitro, similar to his one with Chris Wood. He just gets bullied off the ball by the pair. He is normally outstanding against most other strikers.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Newly promoted side get a point away to underperformed but established Premier League side.

Struggling to see how we can claim GPot won anything tonight other than presumably some sort of spread bet on XG

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Little in it as far as I could see. I thought both set their teams up well and could see why Potter did what he did/didn't do with the substitutions. The match was more about what the players and not managers did as are most matches.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

If only we had a player like Mitrovic as an option.

As soon as he came on last night, I got really worried that we would lose.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How can anyone actually say Parker. We battered them and they barely created a chance. Potter outdid him totally.

This. If our strikers were 5% better we’d have won 3 or 4 nil. Our shape basically shut down Fulham and they created nothing, Lookman who has been getting rave reviews was pretty much anonymous. Sanchez was almost a spectator. Potter got it tactically right again but he can’t put the ball in the net himself.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Parker

But not necessarily for what he did but what Potter didn't do.

Playing well, dominating the game against an inferior team below us in the table. We created numerous chances but couldn't take them. Potter had four attacking options on the bench (if you include sicknote) and he used none of them.

Now I'm not suggesting that if Potter had utilised one or two of the bench options that it was a given that we would score but those on the pitch had shown they couldn't.

But he didn't even try.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here