Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Next season

Votes: 56 28.3%

• Total voters

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
B0ll0cks. familiarity everywhere and our own pitch, prepared the way we want it . . . at least it should be. If we're not at an advantage at home it's because we're psychologically frail. Which given our managers background speaks volumes about his ineffectiveness at achieving his objectives.

That's your view. I'm backing the view of Lineker, Keown & Dublin who had the stats to back up their argument.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Doubt it, we’re going down.

As much as I’d love it you won’t. You will turn us over and just get enough points to survive. Tbh I’m more worried about us and our ancient manager who is well past his sell by date.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
They say misery loves company. If that's true then NSC is a veritable swinger's club for the negatively minded at the moment.

The truth of that is I could post the exact same comment on any one of a dozen threads currently on the first page of the big board.

I agree with [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] as long as we get the points to stay up then what does it matter where we get them all the time there are no fans allowed into games. And if the worst happens and we get relegated then I'm sure we'll smash the crap out of plenty of teams at the Amex next season with the squad we have and the amount of chances we create.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It’s as though you were at the game......were you?

Watch the end of MoTD, they state that there is no home advantage anymore.

We are 12th in the away table which is not bad at all. Once our attacking players find a bit of form, we’ll storm up the table quicker than you can say ‘I was wrong about Potter’.

With no fans, home & away is almost irrelevant.

Sixteen teams have won at least three home games this season and got at least eleven points at home. So our home record, under any circumstances is poor. We will not ' storm up the table ' We are not good enough for that. We do not have enough quality in the final third. I am desperate to survive. I don't want to see our best players cherry picked and I want the manager to do well. I know we have got him for the medium term so I have to temper my frustration level, which is very high at the moment and is overriding any enjoyment I may get.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
They say misery loves company. If that's true then NSC is a veritable swinger's club for the negatively minded at the moment.

The truth of that is I could post the exact same comment on any one of a dozen threads currently on the first page of the big board.

I agree with [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] as long as we get the points to stay up then what does it matter where we get them all the time there are no fans allowed into games. And if the worst happens and we get relegated then I'm sure we'll smash the crap out of plenty of teams at the Amex next season with the squad we have and the amount of chances we create.

Well thats fine as long as we keep the squad together but relegation suggests that we would lose some key players.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Well thats fine as long as we keep the squad together but relegation suggests that we would lose some key players.

Yes, I imagine we would lose some players, some of them currently important ones. But we'd keep a lot of them and still have a lot of quality for the division below. It would also be easier to introduce some of the quality we have in the U-23's into the team/squad.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

I do love the optimism that we will "smash the crap" out of teams in the Championship if we get relegated. I agree if we have exactly the same squad but do you really think we will have the same squad? The better, younger players will leave (Tariq, Biss, Alzate, Spanish Bob and potentially a few others) and we will need to trim the squad to cut the wage bill. We won't have the same squad.

Look at the teams that have been relegated from the PL and haven't had a sniff of returning; there's plenty of them.

Mr Chairman already has a £67m loss to contend with I'm sure he wouldn't want us in the Championship.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I do love the optimism that we will "smash the crap" out of teams in the Championship if we get relegated. I agree if we have exactly the same squad but do you really think we will have the same squad? The better, younger players will leave (Tariq, Biss, Alzate, Spanish Bob and potentially a few others) and we will need to trim the squad to cut the wage bill. We won't have the same squad.

Look at the teams that have been relegated from the PL and haven't had a sniff of returning; there's plenty of them.

Mr Chairman already has a £67m loss to contend with I'm sure he wouldn't want us in the Championship.

No, obviously we'll lose some players. Not as many as you suggest though, certainly not in the first season. Probably White, Bissouma and Lamptey. Maybe one or two others but if you think there'd be a large fire sale in the first season down I'm not sure you've been paying attention to how Tony Bloom has been running the Albion.

That said I, like Mr Bloom, and presumably every other Brighton fan, don't want us to get relegated.

Just saying that if the worst came to be, with the depth of quality we have in the squad(and U-23's) coupled with how we play I'd be confident of riding high in the Championship. We already dominate the ball and create plenty of chances. We'd still do that in the Championship and against the lesser quality we'd create more and our goal shy strike force would start finding the net regularly. Likewise the less talented strikers we'd be facing wouldn't punish us for every lapse we make at the back as seems to have happened this season.

And my actual main point was that a)NSC has become a hive of negativity and misery to misquote Obi Wan Kenobi and b) if we get enough points to stay up it doesn't really matter if we get them at home or away when no one is allowed in to the grounds to watch the games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here