• Man City

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Next season

Votes: 56 28.3%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don’t think it matters tbh. If we draw at home and win a few away games and stay up, that’ll do for me.

There is nobody in the stadiums so why the angst. I don’t care as long as we get enough points to stay up

I am unable to predict anything correctly that often this season, even for the top clubs

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Does it really matter, no one is there to watch it?

What does matter is whether we are improving and developing as a squad and whether we can stay up?

So far we are doing all of those.

Potter is a ****ing lucky man that no one is there to watch it, 10 home games no win, diabolical at any level.

As Roy Castle used to say he's a Record Breaker!!!

D

Deleted member 2719

Potter is a ****ing lucky man that no one is there to watch it, 10 home games no win, diabolical at any level.

As Roy Castle used to say he's a Record Breaker!!!

With the crowd there giving it large whos to say home result might be totally different, driving us on for the 3 points rather than 1 point?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
With the crowd theree giving it large whos to say home result might be totally different, driving us on for the 3 points rather than 1 point?

I think it would have turned toxic very early on in the season, but you could be right.

D

Deleted member 2719

I think it would have turned toxic very early on in the season, but you could be right.

I know its the same for everyone, but is it, we always hung badly on to our home support to get us over the line. We will never know.

Next season, maybe we will know more?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
With the crowd theree giving it large whos to say home result might be totally different, driving us on for the 3 points rather than 1 point?

I strongly suspect, with the football we are playing, a full home crowd would have made the difference last night.
There are several other home games where the same may also have been true.

Blame still lays with the players though.
Potter has set them up to win the game.
Players missing gilt-edged chances, at this level, is unforgiveable

Trossard/Maupay let us down with piss poor finishing.
Solly I'll forgive as his shot was well blovked.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Love 36% next season, next best thing we're gonna beat Spurs

NSC GOLD

I'm going for CPFC

D

Deleted member 2719

I strongly suspect, with the football we are playing, a full home crowd would have made the difference last night.
There are several other home games where the same may also have been true.

Blame still lays with the players though.
Potter has set them up to win the game.
Players missing gilt-edged chances, at this level, is unforgiveable

Trossard/Maupay let us down with piss poor finishing.
Solly I'll forgive as his shot was well blovked.

Agree. I read an article somewhere blaming all the shots but Maupays, probably because he is our leading scorer, but that is what he does so, he needs to sharpen his accuracy. I suspect it under pressure and trying too hard, seeing what his characters like.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
On the basis that we have failed to beat...Sheff U...WBA....Fulham and Burnley at home. I am going for 5 more draws and four more defeats at home ( Tottenham, Everton, Leics and City )....so next season.
9 away games left. Defeats at Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal.....leaves 5 away games to save the season. Burnley, Wolves, Sheff U, WBA and Saints.....probably got to win three of these.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Just a reminder to everyone that we are now 14 home league games without a win. This is already, by some way, the worst run I have experienced since I started supporting in 1965. I have seen us lose 12 successive games twice but there was always a home win either side of these troughs.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It's not about winning it's the taking part that counts. Top 10 for Artistic Merit. Potter in! :cheery:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just a reminder to everyone that we are now 14 home league games without a win. This is already, by some way, the worst run I have experienced since I started supporting in 1965. I have seen us lose 12 successive games twice but there was always a home win either side of these troughs.

It’s as though you were at the game......were you?

Watch the end of MoTD, they state that there is no home advantage anymore.

We are 12th in the away table which is not bad at all. Once our attacking players find a bit of form, we’ll storm up the table quicker than you can say ‘I was wrong about Potter’.

With no fans, home & away is almost irrelevant.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I just hope that it's not in the Championship.
Worryingly, Sheff Utd, Burnley and even Fulham have improved recently.
We seem to be stuck in this cycle of missing out on chances to create a gap between us and the bottom 3.
WBA 1-1
Sheff Utd 1-1
Fulham 0-0 twice!
Burnley 0-0

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I just hope that it's not in the Championship.
Worryingly, Sheff Utd, Burnley and even Fulham have improved recently.
We seem to be stuck in this cycle of missing out on chances to create a gap between us and the bottom 3.
WBA 1-1
Sheff Utd 1-1
Fulham 0-0 twice!
Burnley 0-0

It's true, but we are beating mid table teams, so as long we don't lose to the teams around us, we could just be ok

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I actually think it's possible we could go the season without winning at home and stay up.

I mean, people go on about the lack of wins at home record thing, but it's a selective stat, when we're picking up wins away and we have a very high number of draws.

If we repeat the first half of the season, we'll stay up. Home wins or not.

More likely we'll beat Palace, followed by a mass outpouring of joy and relief

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I actually think it's possible we could go the season without winning at home and stay up.

I mean, people go on about the lack of wins at home record thing, but it's a selective stat, when we're picking up wins away and we have a very high number of draws.

If we repeat the first half of the season, we'll stay up. Home wins or not.

More likely we'll beat Palace, followed by a mass outpouring of joy and relief

I think you are being very blinkered. We have won 3 games all season (yes all away). You should be saying the very odd win away. Sheffield Utd have won one less game then us!

Our record is dismal and this is mainly due to Potter not being capable of securing any form at home!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think you are being very blinkered. We have won 3 games all season (yes all away). You should be saying the very odd win away. Sheffield Utd have won one less game then us!

Our record is dismal and this is mainly due to Potter not being capable of securing any form at home!

Yet we're well clear of the relegation zone.

It's unusual to survive with so few wins and would surely be a world record for professional football in any country in any division for a team to not win at home to stay up.

But the fact remains, we're currently well clear of the drop zone after half the season. If the second half of the season, replicates the first half, we'll survive

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It’s as though you were at the game......were you?

Watch the end of MoTD, they state that there is no home advantage anymore.

We are 12th in the away table which is not bad at all. Once our attacking players find a bit of form, we’ll storm up the table quicker than you can say ‘I was wrong about Potter’.

With no fans, home & away is almost irrelevant.

B0ll0cks. familiarity everywhere and our own pitch, prepared the way we want it . . . at least it should be. If we're not at an advantage at home it's because we're psycologically frail. Which given our managers background speaks volumes about his innefectiveness at achieving his objectives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here