Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Missing the fans

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Those last 15 - 20 minutes, with the pressure we had on them, the Amex would have been rocking, would have been so so loud. Times like these our crowd really is an extra man, I think they're missing us.

No it wouldn't, It would be super tense, the fans would be on their backs.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Fans just add pressure in our case. We do better (though still terribly) without them.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think if the fans had been in for all four of our failures to beat the other teams in the bottom 5 at home this season things could have got quite toxic TBH

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Those last 15 - 20 minutes, with the pressure we had on them, the Amex would have been rocking, would have been so so loud. Times like these our crowd really is an extra man, I think they're missing us :(

Couldn't the club just paint arrows on the seats instead? :shrug:

fcmagdeburgberlinerak11.jpg

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Totally disagree, we'd be bottom with fans in the ground, players would be trembling playing at home under more pressure and boos etc

Be bottom with fans like you in the ground, you mean. Expect you'd be the first to boo.

Quite something for you to pivot from criticising the players to criticising the fans for booing them

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think others have suggested that, but or poor home run started with three months of fans in the ground, and having fans at a couple of games pre-christmas didn't exactly help us.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
We’ll never know, but I’m pretty sure after an entire season of not winning at home, I think the atmosphere would have been utterly irritable rather than positive.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think others have suggested that, but or poor home run started with three months of fans in the ground, and having fans at a couple of games pre-christmas didn't exactly help us.

We’ll never know, but I’m pretty sure after an entire season of not winning at home, I think the atmosphere would have been utterly irritable rather than positive.

But specifically those 15 - 20 minutes, with all that pressure, the place would have been loud and we could have sucked it in.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
A huge chunk of people would have left after 80 mins, and the groans of frustration with every failed attack would get louder. Our home support has been very needy/crap since our first season in the Prem, maybe this no fans reset will address that

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Potter is only in a job still due to no fans

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Potter is only in a job still due to no fans

Personally, I think this is true. Bloom and Barber can easily ignore a load of people ranting on here, or on Twitter, or anywhere else online as "noise". But ignoring en masse booing and likely some displaying open demands for change during games through chanting etc. would be a whole lot more difficult. Not that they wouldn't try, they tried to blag their way through it with Hyppia, but the sheer length of time this has dragged on would be leading to more and more joining those calls, booing at the end of games etc. If we just take the four games against the teams around us this season I suspect things could have turned quite ugly with each of those passing games.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
But specifically those 15 - 20 minutes, with all that pressure, the place would have been loud and we could have sucked it in.

We’d probably be 2-0 down with fans in the stadium. The pressure from the fans does transmit to the players. March & Webster have been different players since Covid.

Too many of our fans think that because they pay their money they can target 1 or 2 individuals.

Our away support however is different class to our home. Not perfect but 95%+ get fully behind the team from start to finish.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Personally, I think this is true. Bloom and Barber can easily ignore a load of people ranting on here, or on Twitter, or anywhere else online as "noise". But ignoring en masse booing and likely some displaying open demands for change during games through chanting etc. would be a whole lot more difficult. Not that they wouldn't try, they tried to blag their way through it with Hyppia, but the sheer length of time this has dragged on would be leading to more and more joining those calls, booing at the end of games etc. If we just take the four games against the teams around us this season I suspect things could have turned quite ugly with each of those passing games.

En masse? you do realise the potter outs are in the minority right?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
En masse? you do realise the potter outs are in the minority right?

Wouldn't take many to make themselves heard. And if people had gone through the effort of actually going to the games to be served up this level of result repeatedly a few more heads would likely be being turned. It's one thing to watch us fail to win playing nice passes around in a warm living room with beer and food in the fridge, quite another when you know you've got a 2 hour journey on a freezing cold Southern train to look forward to after the game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here