Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] If you could be, or have been, in any band...

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
If you could choose to be in any band, past or present, which would you choose and why?

Perhaps you've always dreamt of playing lead guitar for the Stones, keyboard for Duran Duran or you just want to be in the Spice Girls (so to speak).

Me, I'd think a few tours with AC/DC would have been a lot of fun.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
If you could choose to be in any band, past or present, which would you choose and why?

Perhaps you've always dreamt of playing lead guitar for the Stones, keyboard for Duran Duran or you just want to be in the Spice Girls (so to speak).

Me, I'd think a few tours with AC/DC would have been a lot of fun.

You nailed it with your first suggestion, for me anyway.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Motorhead guitarist, just to have been in that band, so appreciated the world over, and a clear no dickheads policy on band members, not to mention the outstanding loud, fast and amazing rock and roll music. .

Led Zeppelin triangle payer, kazoo, anything, just to have been part of that behemoth of a band and in front the crowds they played to, and to have been part of some of the finest recordings in hard rock music history.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Drums for The Beatles. To watch the other 3 write, and be a part of it all would’ve been unbelievable.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Led Zep - all virtuoso musicians/vocalists and the biggest band in the world in the early 70s. Throw in their own Starship airliner complete with fireplace - and no smartphones

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Drummer for Abba on tour would have been a good gig - staring at Agnetha's arse every night, oh yes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In terms of if this was actual real life and I had to use my actual real life music skills? I’d try for bass in Radiohead. Colin is great but he’s a more realistic person to aim for than many others, and again I love their work, and his basslines.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Led Zep - all virtuoso musicians/vocalists and the biggest band in the world in the early 70s. Throw in their own Starship airliner complete with fireplace - and no smartphones

Clearly would have been Robert Plant - at one point during lockdown my hair was getting similar...

Or Dave Brock from Hawkwind, hope he pens his memoirs at some point, will be some read!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wouldn't have minded being a young lad who played rhythm guitar and didn't sing much who managed to find himself in a band with a good rhythm section, Richard Thompson playing lead and Sandy Denny on vocals!

(In fairness to Simon Nichol, he is now very adept at both vocals and guitar).

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The fun of an emerging band in the 60s travelling up and down the A roads in the back of a transit.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Probably Madness, I heard Suggs reminiscing a while back and he said it was a lot of fun, he said there was a bloke that would come onstage in the middle of their live performances and just sit down in a deckchair and read a newspaper, he wasn't sure if he was in the band or just walked onstage.... I read newspapers, very well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here