Page 100 of 127 FirstFirst ... 5090979899100101102103110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1264

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JC Footy Genius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Italy and the European Union have blocked a shipment of the Oxford/AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine destined for Australia amid a stoush over contract commitments between the pharmaceutical company and the EU.

It is understood AstraZeneca had asked the Italian government to export 250,000 doses from its Anagni plant near Rome to Australia.

An EU official confirmed to the ABC that Italy refused the export authorisation, and the decision was supported by the European Commission.

It comes amid tensions between Europe and AstraZeneca after the latter failed to meet delivery targets set out in its contract with the EU.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-...ralia/13218348

They really have played a blinder on this one ....
    charming outfit. Plenty of protectionism going on there
    Last edited by melias shoes; 05-03-2021 at 11:01.
    They were white.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Bringer of TRUTH JC Footy Genius's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by melias shoes View Post
      charming outfit. Plenty of protectionism going on there
      Can you imagine the outrage if the UK did the same on here and in some sections of the press .... little Englander nationalists, vaccine nationalism etc .... instead all we get is silence or complaints about talking about vaccines on a thread about vaccines.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
      “Alone, a country can be a speedboat, while the EU is more like a tanker” - President of the European Commission

1 Not allowed!
      Can you imagine the outrage if the UK did the same on here and in some sections of the press .... little Englander nationalists, vaccine nationalism etc .... instead all we get is silence or complaints about talking about vaccines on a thread about vaccines.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
      As each day passes it feels better and better to be divorced from that vile imperialist Union.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Run View Post
      As each day passes it feels better and better to be divorced from that vile imperialist Union.
      You might have to help me with that one. I know the warm feeling you get meeting a friend or relative you haven't seen for a while, the feeling of elation when your team wins or if you won your footy acca for instance. How the Country is Governed is not quite up there for me, pls help?
      Brexit = Nationalism

0 Not allowed!
      Italy and the European Union have blocked a shipment of the Oxford/AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine destined for Australia amid a stoush over contract commitments between the pharmaceutical company and the EU.

It is understood AstraZeneca had asked the Italian government to export 250,000 doses from its Anagni plant near Rome to Australia.

An EU official confirmed to the ABC that Italy refused the export authorisation, and the decision was supported by the European Commission.

It comes amid tensions between Europe and AstraZeneca after the latter failed to meet delivery targets set out in its contract with the EU.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-...ralia/13218348

They really have played a blinder on this one ....
      Australia has zero Covid, like us at this stage they are not exporting vaccine.

Move on...
      April 2016, Vote Leave - "We know that we can only safeguard business from EU red tape by leaving the EU "

Jan 2021, HMRC - "Cost of customs declarations post Brexit, £7.5 Billion per annum"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Randy McNob View Post
      You might have to help me with that one. I know the warm feeling you get meeting a friend or relative you haven't seen for a while, the feeling of elation when your team wins or if you won your footy acca for instance. How the Country is Governed is not quite up there for me, pls help?
      Your beyond help old son

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Run View Post
      Spot on, those of on the right side of history really are so thankful that we’re out of that corrupt busted flush.
      Born to win

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Bringer of TRUTH JC Footy Genius's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      EU turns to US in scramble for Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine

The EU will urge the US to permit the export of millions of doses of AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine to Europe as Brussels scrambles to bridge supply shortfalls that have hobbled its inoculation drive.

The European Commission plans to raise the matter in forthcoming transatlantic discussions aimed at boosting collaboration on the fight against Covid-19, EU officials said.

https://on.ft.com/3qodS7g

That thud you can hear is the Australian PM's jaw hitting the floor ..
      “Alone, a country can be a speedboat, while the EU is more like a tanker” - President of the European Commission

1 Not allowed!
      EU turns to US in scramble for Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine

The EU will urge the US to permit the export of millions of doses of AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine to Europe as Brussels scrambles to bridge supply shortfalls that have hobbled its inoculation drive.

The European Commission plans to raise the matter in forthcoming transatlantic discussions aimed at boosting collaboration on the fight against Covid-19, EU officials said.

https://on.ft.com/3qodS7g

That thud you can hear is the Australian PM's jaw hitting the floor ..

If Bird & Fortune were still around (for us older ones who remember them), they would have a hay day with the antics of the EU. If only it weren't so tragic for those of us who reside in it.
      I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.