Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Would you want wolves to be reintroduced in England?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Inspired by the horny fox thread...

Majestic animals. Only seen one, it had walked further south than most of them and had no fear of humans and was seen frequently in the small city I lived in outside of Gothenburg. People were afraid, so it was captured and they drove it about 700 kilometers up north. Three weeks later it had walked through the whole country back to the same city again. Much to the dismay of sheep owners etc. Their danger to humans has been overstated through history but if it finds its way to some poor sheep farmer it will kill everything and they always come back to kill some more.

But as they sort of naturally belong to your fauna, would you like to see them reintroduced over there, and what is your take on other animals that got exterminated back in the days? Bears? Do you have boars? You want some boars? I can get you some boars.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I believe we have boars already in places (Forest of Dean I know of) but I would love wolves over here. Went to a sanctuary in Canada a few years ago and they are truly gorgeous animals. As you say though, not sure what the farmers would have to say.

Do you have boars? You want some boars? I can get you some boars.

PS - is your name Obelix by any chance...? :laugh:

8d8d85e9d9475e3acaf40dc6b95d1015.jpg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yeah why not? I'll have a boar

25 years ago we had about 5000 in Sweden, the government said "boars are cool, dont kill them". Now we have about 300 000. I could easily bring you a couple and no one would notice. But I'm a bit worried to do it by car as it could get detected and I guess maybe there's some law against bringing in wild foreign animals. Meaning you first need to teach me how to build a boat (you living on an island, I'm going to presume that you know how to build a boat). Give me boat knowhow, I'll bring you boar. Ok?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Presumably, if they were introduced, they would all have to come from Portugal and be on the books of Jorge Mendes.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
25 years ago we had about 5000 in Sweden, the government said "boars are cool, dont kill them". Now we have about 300 000. I could easily bring you a couple and no one would notice. But I'm a bit worried to do it by car as it could get detected and I guess maybe there's some law against bringing in wild foreign animals. Meaning you first need to teach me how to build a boat (you living on an island, I'm going to presume that you know how to build a boat). Give me boat knowhow, I'll bring you boar. Ok?

Yeah no problem mate, I'll pick it up. I live near the sea so I'll pop together a longship and be there in, say, 6-8 months?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Inspired by the horny fox thread...

Majestic animals. Only seen one, it had walked further south than most of them and had no fear of humans and was seen frequently in the small city I lived in outside of Gothenburg. People were afraid, so it was captured and they drove it about 700 kilometers up north. Three weeks later it had walked through the whole country back to the same city again. Much to the dismay of sheep owners etc. Their danger to humans has been overstated through history but if it finds its way to some poor sheep farmer it will kill everything and they always come back to kill some more.

But as they sort of naturally belong to your fauna, would you like to see them reintroduced over there, and what is your take on other animals that got exterminated back in the days? Bears? Do you have boars? You want some boars? I can get you some boars.

Feel free to bring some beavers over, l love the beaver, (do you have them in Sweden? probably not). I know they were reintroduced to Scotland a few years ago and the population is steadily increasing now.

A facinating animal the beaver.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No bloody way! And the same answer goes to those idiots who want to re-introduce bears to the UK. It's bad enough that wild boars have escaped from captivity and are breeding like b***ery and are now a nuisance, and sometimes dangerous.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No bloody way! And the same answer goes to those idiots who want to re-introduce bears to the UK. It's bad enough that wild boars have escaped from captivity and are breeding like b***ery and are now a nuisance, and sometimes dangerous.

But far more important, extremely flavoursome :drool:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Introduce wolves to hunt the boar. The perfect system.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Feel free to bring some beavers over, l love the beaver, (do you have them in Sweden? probably not). I know they were reintroduced to Scotland a few years ago and the population is steadily increasing now.

A facinating animal the beaver.

Do they have Beavers in Sweden .....are you kidding , they have the best Beavers in the world :)

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
There are boars in Kent and Sussex already I believe, down Peasmarsh way. As for the Wolf, absolutely reintroduce them, up in the wilds of Jockland, they can help themselves to the deer and any old drunk from Glasgow who’s lost his way.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Sweden is much bigger than the UK and far more open with a much smaller population . I love animals so do not want them introduced over here , as they would be here 10 minutes before some:tosser: found a reason to kill or cull them .

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Far too dangerous. We'll put them in Scotland and Wales instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here