Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you take a draw against Fulham now?

Would you take a draw against Fulham now?

• Yep - happy with that

Votes: 40 14.6%
  • No - go for it - what's the worst that could happen?

Votes: 234 85.4%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Take a point and remain five points away from the bottom three, or GO-FOR-IT in the hope of winning, leap-frogging Newcastle and extending the gap to eight points, but with the risk of losing and being just two points in front of Fulham, with them retaining a game in hand.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We need to win and get our season back on track. Enough of the draws against the bottom teams, we're at home, we're better than that

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I think we need to go for the win. The home record is embarrassing. Getting the "no wins at home" curse off our backs is almost as important as the 3 points.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Would not "take" a draw. I want a win.

But a draw, if it happens, would not be the end of the world, although the match thread may disagree.

Obviously we need wins and points, but there are plenty of games to go. Good not to lose today though!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, I'm the one (so far) in the minority. In terms of the comments, I wouldn't be 'happy with that' but, then again, 'the worst that could possibly happen' with a clear result is that a close relegation rival could get 3 points, and we none.
I'll take keeping the gap with Fulham to five points, and getting a point closer to Newcastle at this stage. Survival is key for me.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No, if I was afraid of the risks I would have stopped watching when all teams still had 0 games played. I'm excited. Excited because of the chance of winning as well as the risk of losing. Anyone "taking a draw" before a game like this should get a different hobby.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Take a point and remain five points away from the bottom three, or GO-FOR-IT in the hope of winning, leap-frogging Newcastle and extending the gap to eight points, but with the risk of losing and being just two points in front of Fulham, with them retaining a game in hand.

Beat Fulham and Burnley and we are pretty much safe I reckon.

Tonight a win is vital despite there being loads of points to go for. We will play much better if w are not looking over our shoulders at the bottom 3.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
No, if I was afraid of the risks I would have stopped watching when all teams still had 0 games played. I'm excited. Excited because of the chance of winning as well as the risk of losing. Anyone "taking a draw" before a game like this should get a different hobby.

I have one or two other hobbies -- Test cricket, wine -- but, no, not getting one. I'm excited too. I suspect that it'll be a cagey affair, with not m/any goals. There's a lot riding on it: the gap between the two clubs after the game will be one of 2, 5 or 8.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Need 3 points from this game. Spurs and Liverpool coming next so can't imagine any points then.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'd normally say yes, I'd be happy with the draw, but this SHOULD be one of the more 'winnable' games, so go for it. Fail to win and it might mean having to pick up another win against a stronger team (or Palace) further down the line. Having the points on the board and being able to THEN settle for a draw against that/those team(s) would be preferable. Also, it would be nice to have back-to-back wins and a bit of momentum/confidence boosting and also get the 'they never win at home' monkey off the back.

But it's obviously not the end of the world if it WAS a draw...

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

Fortune favours the brave.

(As Del Boy used to say).

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

I’d just like an uncomplicated 3 points, not much to ask for is it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here