Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] WHC CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS: Semi Final 2

Who is the hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Well, what a HUMDINGER semi final 1 was. A battle for the ages. On paper semi final 2 should be an even closer fought contest. Two beasts with five titles and nine finals between them.

If you don't know by now what this competition is about I guess you never will but in the best traditions of pissing in the wind:

we're looking for pound for pound hardness, not who would win in a direct fight. Hardness is made up of a number of different aspects such as toughness, attitude, ferocity, power, armoury etc. How much weight you attribute to each aspect is down to you but please consider all of them before voting. What is at stake is a place in not just any final but the ultimate final, the WHC Champion of Champions final.

Right, that's the preliminaries out of the way so lets meet our semi finalsts!

SALT WATER CROCODILE

tournament record: 2 time champion, thee time runner up

Saltwater_crocodile.jpg

The Saltwater crocodile is one of the all time great WHC competitors, getting to at least the semin finals in all but one of the competitions. It's no surprise when you consider just what he's packing in his armoury.

You like power? He has the most powerful bite force per square inch of any animal on earth.
You like hardiness? This fella outlasted the dinosaurs, can go a year without food and can lose a limb or his tail and suffer no loss of killing and hunting efficacy.
You like aggression? The SWC has a penchant of finding his local habitat a little too easy so for a challenge he swims out into the ocean and takes on sharks.
you like a good defense? This fella has skin so tough it's almost armour plated.

Take him on at your own risk.

VS

HIPPO

tournament record three time winner, one time runner up

0_SWNS_ESCOBAR_HIPPO_01.jpg

I said that SWC was one of the all time greats and that you take him on at your own risk. Luckily for us his opponent is another of the all time greats and a beast that takes on and kills apex predators for fun!

Hippo is a mostly herbivorous beast(I say mostly because occasionally he'll pick over some carrion) but if you think that vegetarians are limpy, lefty mumbo jumbo non entities think again. Hippo is a giant ball of rage who will attack anything just for the sport of it. He shares his home with Lions and (Nile) crocodiles and neither apex predator wants anything to do with the Hippo. Man, perhaps the ultimate apex predator is in serious trouble when the Hippo takes the fancy. He'll happily attack boats, over turn them and chomp the occupants in half. Why? Just because. Because he's an overly aggressive, unpredictable monster of an animal.

Power, aggression, irritability, evoker of fear, respecter of no one. It's easy to see why the Hippo is the three time and reigning champion.

There it is NSC a semi final for the ages. Two awe inspiring legends of the game at the peak of their powers facing off for place in the final of WHC champion of champions. Whoever wins will be worthy finalists but please give these beasts the respect they deserve and have earnt by thinking carefully before you vote.

Let the mayhem and blood letting begin!

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Simply has to be the Croc.

Has its own killing move called the death roll.

Outlived the dinosaurs.

Can lose a limb and continue fighting as if nothing happened.

Pound for pound hardest biting force.

Looks hard.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Fantastic semi-final match-up. 2 absolute greats.

I went for the Croc.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I got very drunk once in Cape Tribulation, Salty territory in Oz. Woke up with a vague recollection of going on a nighttime walk. Found out later that morning that four of us had ‘gone looking’ for salty’s whilst off our tits. I remained sober for the rest of my stay

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Salt water crocs eat sharks for lunch. They swim out to sea for them.

The hippo eats plants! It's just bad tempered, not a killer.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Still reeling from the defeat of the people's champion.

Going to have to go with the croc here as ultimately the hippo is just a fat a-hole.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Should be simple this one.

Plenty of vids on the interweb of Hippos smashing up Crocs, they really don’t like them.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
My understanding (from like one nature documentary I saw in the 90s...) is that crocodiles of a kind only slightly smaller than the saltwater versions live in harmony together with hippos. They wouldnt want to fight eachother, they only want to chill and live in peace and harmony. No vote from me.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The answer to the poll in a short video.

The African crocodile is not the Salt Water crocodile so your video is irrelevant. They don't even live on the same continent.

The Salt Water Crocodile swims miles out to sea to eat sharks. It is twice the size of the African Nile croc.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Salt water crocs eat sharks for lunch. They swim out to sea for them.

The hippo eats plants! It's just bad tempered, not a killer.
That's justification for the hippo imo. Doesn't even need to attack or kill, but does so just because it's a bit pissed off

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This is a real, real tough one, I'm going for mine by the barest of margins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here