Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Superstitions

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Piff and paff! I'm a Marxist and pour scorn on your lack of science! However, science has proven if you walk under the tunnel, instead of over the bridge to the Goldstone - we will lose! I often pop to my mate Paul's in Aldrington before a game and get off at Hove to walk over the bridge. I also watch games in a Brighton top and it will become magic-a-fied by a win and wear it for subsequent games until the luck wears off. Our recent run of good form is definitely related to my return to this routine.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
Things seems to be better since Potter’s been wearing his smart tailored overcoat, instead of his tracksuit on the touch line

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Remarkably I was about to don the same outfit, but black jumper and deep blue crombie. I usually wear the collar down - but do you think up would change our home fortunes?
We are on a winning run of 1, we don't want to change that... In all games at home.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just hope that Potter will be wearing his Christmas Overcoat.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Up until this season I was so superstitious that it drove my wife mad. Home games, shower, drive to coach calling mum and mate in car, always wore lucky pants, socks, shirt & scarf, down left staircase, furthest food counter same till, pie pint crisps.
Away similar.
Now though, dumped most of them. Even forgot my scarf for the Leeds game.

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
I have an pair of Albion argyle socks that I've had for a few years. We always seem to draw when I wear them.

This year for Christmas I got a new pair of Albion argyle socks. Wore them for the West Ham game so it would appear the draw curse has passed over to the new pair.

I did however buy myself a pair of blue and white socks from Norman Walsh which I had on during the Leeds game.

Today I am wearing a plain pair of navy blue cotton socks......I have no idea what this means for this evening. Should I change socks or will that jinx us? If so would you be happy with a draw or is a must win?

I have a mate in Devon who has got a pair of Plymouth Argyle argyle socks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Whenever the Albion are playing I try and move as little as possible and remain stationary throughout the whole match.
You might remember me from 13 game loan spell under the alias Leon Best

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I wear my 41 year old Brighton and Hove Albion Bobble hat , it's been washed more times than my partner has mowed the lawn .

:goal:

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I only drink out of my oldest albion mug on match days. I've been doing this for about 10yrs. In that time we've gone from League 1 to the PL and from Withdean to Wembley. Coincidence? I think not.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I am a very lucky man , my wife puts up with my countless BHA shirts ( some framed ) cups glasses socks hats scarfs photos prints , you name it . And at some time or another they have all played a part in a routine or current superstition , and i have believed every one , until the next one . Tonight i shall wear my colours and drink my cider from my BHAFC tankard:albion2::ascarf::bhasign::drink::drink::drink::albion::whisky:

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I shut my eyes when we take a penalty .

My partner wears a tatty old BHAFC Bobble hat he's had since 1979 ! , a Derby fan thought it would be good fun to whip it off his head in a pub , it didn't end well , I've no idea how a hat could survive for over 40 years the amount of abuse it's had , its certainly hit the TV and floor during games more than it's been washed :sick:

I wear my 41 year old Brighton and Hove Albion Bobble hat , it's been washed more times than my partner has mowed the lawn .

:goal:

Is this a coincidence or the same hat? If so you need to mow the lawn Frankie, and Tay, wash your hat. ( but leave it until after the match!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Well , the lucky pj's are still undefeated, so I am in them again today. I have woken up feeling very confident which is unlike me before a Brighton game this season. Let's hope the luck continues.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Madness l know, but l quite literally can't watch the Albion live unless l am present at the game. I just feel as if l can't do anything to assist the team not actually being there to help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here