Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lorent Tolaj

An Old Seagull

Jun 21, 2011
Worthing
Anyone know what’s happening with him ?

Not suggesting he is the answer to our lack of goals problem right now - but he appeared to be making good progress scoring goals for Swiss team and U23/18’s etc - but haven’t heard anything of him this season ?

Was hoping he might be one for the future as even our junior teams look short of goal scoring forwards !

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Always ends up being a great loan signing on FM before pricing himself out of a free transfer to a Championship club because of wage demands.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm getting well and truly fed up with us signing players 'for the future', who knows where we will be in X number of years time?

It's players 'for now' that we should be concentrating on trying to sign, players that are Premier League ready, and can help keep us in this division.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm getting well and truly fed up with us signing players 'for the future', who knows where we will be in X number of years time?

It's players 'for now' that we should be concentrating on trying to sign, players that are Premier League ready, and can help keep us in this division.

Have you not seen the club accounts, it is highly unlikely we will now sign many players first team ready so to speak unless another bargain Veltman appears, if anything, we will have to sell

The better news is we won't be the only ones with this issue, sadly the pandemic is really starting to take effect with all professional sports.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We have a player with 11/11 at U21 Swiss level and he looks way off the pace . Big jump from swiss level

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We have a player with 11/11 at U21 Swiss level and he looks way off the pace . Big jump from swiss level

Swiss U21 are rarely playing Swiss opposition... agree its a big difference between playing U21 football and playing in the PL though.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Not long ago took interest in all the so called signings of stars for future. Now have lost all interest and dont know what happens to them. Either signings are poor or we dont handle situation well. Only ones who have got near first team.is Connelly who doesnt look good enough and Alzate who seems to have Gross,Propper,Lalana and now White ahead of him. All of the good youngsters from abroad seem to just disappear. Something is wrong when watching Brentford the other day and the 17 year old left back lives in Patcham.
Lets hope Sanchez makes the grade but apart from him cant think of one other youngster from abroad that has looked anywhere near first team.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not long ago took interest in all the so called signings of stars for future. Now have lost all interest and dont know what happens to them. Either signings are poor or we dont handle situation well. Only ones who have got near first team.is Connelly who doesnt look good enough and Alzate who seems to have Gross,Propper,Lalana and now White ahead of him. All of the good youngsters from abroad seem to just disappear. Something is wrong when watching Brentford the other day and the 17 year old left back lives in Patcham.
Lets hope Sanchez makes the grade but apart from him cant think of one other youngster from abroad that has looked anywhere near first team.

Dunk???

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

Khadra might work out.

Honestly if 1 makes it to premier league standard every 2 or 3 seasons that would put the academy at a massive profit wouldn't it?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

White of course also came through the academy. Loaning out is a normal part of the academy process

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Have you not seen the club accounts, it is highly unlikely we will now sign many players first team ready so to speak unless another bargain Veltman appears, if anything, we will have to sell

The better news is we won't be the only ones with this issue, sadly the pandemic is really starting to take effect with all professional sports.

Of course l've seen them, but this tendency to sign young players who will hopefully come good in future seasons existed long before Covid took a hold. I have absolutely no problem with that, but we also need players with experience too.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Of course l've seen them, but this tendency to sign young players who will hopefully come good in future seasons existed long before Covid took a hold. I have absolutely no problem with that, but we also need players with experience too.

We do need experienced players and I can see situations arising like Lallana more frequently where players will have little option but to run down their contracts and then move on for less wages as very few clubs will be able to afford to pay serious money for transfers.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Stars signed for the future include Sanchez, White, Connolly, Alzate, Mac Allister, Tau, Moder, Karbownik, Khadra, Walton, Sanders, Zeqiri, plus Weir and Jenks who were on the bench against City. Other than them, I'm struggling too although appreciate not all are from abroad. Nonetheless, they were all signed as stars for the future, one way or another. Caicedo may well be another if we get it over the line and I defy anyone not to be exited by him as a prospect who would potentially soon move up to first team ready.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Stars signed for the future include Sanchez, White, Connolly, Alzate, Mac Allister, Tau, Moder, Karbownik, Khadra, Walton, Sanders, Zeqiri, plus Weir and Jenks who were on the bench against City. Other than them, I'm struggling too although appreciate not all are from abroad. Nonetheless, they were all signed as stars for the future, one way or another. Caicedo may well be another if we get it over the line and I defy anyone not to be exited by him as a prospect who would potentially soon move up to first team ready.

And Lamptey of course

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We do need experienced players and I can see situations arising like Lallana more frequently where players will have little option but to run down their contracts and then move on for less wages as very few clubs will be able to afford to pay serious money for transfers.

I hope that you are right, although it would be nice if the players concerned would be fit to play in most games!

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North

Other than those 14 Lamptey and possibly Caicedo who exactly are the stars weve signed for the future? :lolol::laugh::albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here