Date: Wednesday 27th January 2021
Kick-off: 19:30 GMT
Referee: Craig Pawson
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Richard West
Fourth Official: Gavin Ward
VAR: Andre Marriner
Additional VAR: Timothy Wood

TEAM NEWS

Brighton pair Adam Lallana and Aaron Connolly are both back in training and could be among the substitutes on Wednesday night.

Danny Welbeck and Tariq Lamptey remain absent with respective knee and hamstring injuries.

Bobby Decordova-Reid is available for Fulham after missing their most recent league game because of suspension.

Antonee Robinson serves the final game of a ban, while Tom Cairney and Terence Kongolo are still sidelined.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Fulham have conceded nine goals in their past three league visits to Brighton.
    [*=left]The Cottagers' only victory in the eight most recent meetings in all competitions was by 4-2 at home in the Premier League two years ago (D2, L5).
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton claimed a first win in 10 Premier League games at the expense of Leeds United last time out.
    [*=left]They are on a club record league run of 13 successive home matches without a win.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have won just 18 of their 66 Premier League home fixtures overall.
    [*=left]Their past five league victories have all come away.
    [*=left]Albion could win back-to-back league games for only the second time under Graham Potter.
    [*=left]They have never won a Premier League match played on a Wednesday, drawing five and losing five,
    [*=left]Neal Maupay could score in four consecutive league starts for the first time since 2018, when he was at Brentford.
Fulham

• [*=left]Fulham are winless in eight league games - drawing five, losing three and scoring just four goals.
    [*=left]They have lost three successive matches in all competitions.
    [*=left]Their four goals from set-pieces this season is the lowest tally in the top flight.
    [*=left]Only West Brom and Sheffield United have kept fewer Premier League clean sheets this season than Fulham's three.
    [*=left]Ademola Lookman has been involved in five of Fulham's past seven Premier League goals, scoring two and setting up three.

Graham Potter's Fulham Press Conference

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Massive game. Winning tonight will see us into the next round and on the way to winning the cup! :clap:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Really hope we win this and start putting some distance between us and the bottom 3.
Has got 1 - 1 written all over it though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Chance to open up a decent points gap or have it closed right down. Being a Brighton fan for too long I fear I know how this will pan out.

Do it the easy way? Nah

I’ll settle for a draw now

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Chance to open up a decent points gap or have it closed right down. Being a Brighton fan for too long I fear I know how this will pan out.

Do it the easy way? Nah

A draw really wouldnt be the disaster that those who likes disasters wants it to be.

In fact neither would a loss as there is a lot of points to play for and a lot of teams that could get dragged into this battle even if Fulham would win every single game for the rest of the season.

That said, much prefer a win. And actually believe in it as well.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
We have to have a good chance here. Fulham are deep in the mire, we are on a winning run. 3 wins out of the last 4 fixtures.
I bet Lallana will figure. It is not quite a “must win”,too early to say that but massively important.
Truth is we have to improve second half of the season or we go down.

For tonight I say, never mind how, just deliver a win.:albion:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We have to have a good chance here. Fulham are deep in the mire, we are on a winning run. 3 wins out of the last 4 fixtures.
I bet Lallana will figure. It is not quite a “must win”,too early to say that but massively important.
Truth is we have to improve second half of the season or we go down.

For tonight I say, never mind how, just deliver a win.:albion:

Definitely a good chance but they are not as bad as it seems though, a lot better than Sheffield and WBA. Single goal losses vs Chelsea and United, draws against Liverpool, Spurs and Saints and a win against Leicester. And now games coming up vs Brighton, WBA and Burnley, decent chance for them to catch up a bit.

Despite some still ******* to mental images of Sam Allardyce I think they by far have the best chance to stay up out the ones in the current bottom three. Maybe about a 20% chance. Which is obviously a bit worrying but perhaps more so for Newcastle than for Brighton.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Definitely a good chance but they are not as bad as it seems though, a lot better than Sheffield and WBA. Single goal losses vs Chelsea and United, draws against Liverpool, Spurs and Saints and a win against Leicester. And now games coming up vs Brighton, WBA and Burnley, decent chance for them to catch up a bit.

Despite some still ******* to mental images of Sam Allardyce I think they by far have the best chance to stay up out the ones in the current bottom three. Maybe about a 20% chance. Which is obviously a bit worrying but perhaps more so for Newcastle than for Brighton.
Yes but we beat Leeds the greatest team in the world (ever) so that makes us pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

el punal

Please! Let’s not have a repeat of the horrific shit-show the last time we played Fulham. For those of you with short memories, we were 2-0 up and cruising at halftime then ended up losing 2-4 at the final whistle.

I would like to think we’ve turned the corner recently with some improved performances albeit without scoring when we should. Tonight’s game could be the most pivotal of the season (no shit Sherlock!) with a win extending the gap to the bottom three, I can’t bring myself to think about a defeat . . . . :eek:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Never been more confident a game is going to end a draw.

If it wasn’t for the fact payday is tomorrow and this month has been roughly 716 days long I would be lumping on.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
GP will have the boys excited at this one - an "opportunity" not a threat!!
It really is a bigger deal for Fulham for whom the threat of an 8 point gap to us is a real issue, albeit even they will look to Newcastle and see them as the team to focus on next . Our destiny is not sorted either way tonight, but a win could be a great catalyst with Spurs/Liverpool to come. For those who keep stating that we "never win these games" ( we do sometimes win these!) our fate wasn't sealed by not winning them in those example you point to. Points tonight just mean they are points we don't need to get somewhere else - as did the Leeds win who our nearest and dearest relegation rivals all lost to.
Positive thinking all the way!!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Really hope we win this and start putting some distance between us and the bottom 3.
Has got 1 - 1 written all over it though.

My thoughts exactly, flatter to decieve and fail. But we will learn and move forward.

we've moved forward to many times you could be forgiven for thinking Dick Dastardley had nobbled the start line.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Do it the easy way? Nah

Nope, its a home win for me, positivity all the way. :whisky::smokin::albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here