Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Fulham *** Official Match Thread ***

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
There’s only so much you can do with the quality at hand. Maupay is a goal every 4 games striker at that fee, that’s okay but he’ll never have finishing quality of the best in the EPL. Trossard, gifted dribbler, awful in front of goal.

That’s what you get with a Brighton budget.

Sidwell full of praise for our attacking and very honest about Maupay and Trossard blowing it.

No one can hang that on GP.

Pretty much how I saw it. We’re a good side in need of a top class striker

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
Cannot understand the substitution no matter how I try. Only an idiot would sub a creative midfielder for Davy proper when we are playing for 3 points and are the better side

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
it was exciting tho'

Just simply no, no it isn't. It's the same shite every game, the same basic chances missed. the same inane crap from the manager at the end. Nothing ****ing changes it's shite turgid same rubbish. Potter needs to stop the sucking teeth shite and start asking questions. I've seen a bowl of porridge more interesting

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Cannot understand the substitution no matter how I try. Only an idiot would sub a creative midfielder for Davy proper when we are playing for 3 points and are the better side

And an idiot it was that made the decision. Funny that.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
If anybody is bored tonight, have a look at GP's stats as our head coach. He ranks lower than the recently departed Frank Lampard, lower than tonight's opponent's coach (who took Fulham down and back up), and lower than the soon-to-be-gone Steve Bruce. Not my opinion, but fact.

I don't want him sacked, but he needs to start winning some matches soon.

You’re comparing his record to the manager of moneybags Chelsea? Wow, tough benchmark

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If I continuously failed at work I'd get called in warned, then called in again and be put on an improvement plan if the poor performance continued and then finally let go. I have a contract of employment but my employers as good as they are wouldn't put up with continuous poor performances. Why should we?

Maybe if I continue to crash my lorry I can say my poor performance is due to my manager not mentioning to use my brakes.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Tonight confirmed to me that we have a very good manager.

The substitution thing is easy to criticise when the person doing so can fantasise the end result.

As a layman I was looking between 70 and 80 minutes thinking that there wasn't really a change I would make. They were creating openings. The keeper was thwarting us.

t's easy to say this and that would have changed things when you don't know the end product.

The squad is a survival team that plays good football. Sadly, if they do go down, they will be a genuine loss to this league.

I've learnt over the years that the manager isn't always the problem. It's hard for fans to accept because it makes it harder for them to feel better when there is no silver bullet.

and this,

calm enough to be a professional

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Hugely disappointing not to win, but some of the negative comments on here are ridiculous. We were by far the better team, created better chances, but yet again couldn’t take them. How can anyone blame March for his goal bound shot that was deflected over. We simply have to keep the faith, as a change of manager or style of play will do us no favours at all.
Fulham have looked good recently, and yet apart from their chance at the end we controlled that game very well. We have 18 games to play and if we can keep up the level of performance we will be safe.
Having said all that, it is incredibly frustrating not to win and I’m sure all the players and manager feel that.

unarguable.

how can people not see this? on our budget? some people need to learn about football, and life, or get another hobby

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I wasn’t going to say anything tonight as it’s the same on here game after game, what I do have a problem with is Hughton being selectively remembered for two bad losses despite being our most successful manager for decades.

To be honest this pretty football isn’t getting us anywhere I’d rather win ugly and go to bed knowing three points are in the bag. Do you think Burnley fans are bitching each other out tonight? Course not they are looking forward to another season in the PL.

yeah but he didn't win, did he? that's why he got the push; other teams lost

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here