Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Table of dominance

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It's not the finishing, we usually score when dominant, it's holding on to those leads

I'd say, the fact that we didn't go on to score a second and third goal when we've been miles on top is what is putting our defence under pressure

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
MAnure, Tottingham and Toffees show its bollocks in the grand scheme of things.
score more goals than you concede, win games, earn points, that is all that matters.

But also two of those three are much higher in the league than most observers would expect.

The fact they are scoring a higher percentage of chances is a factor.
The other glaring factor, is having the personnel to ensure that you are capable of exceeding Xg.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'd say, the fact that we didn't go on to score a second and third goal when we've been miles on top is what is putting our defence under pressure

Our retreat had often been fairly instant. But yes, getting better at scoring a second on the break would definitely help. Can't recall many goals on the break this season. Welbeck against Villa is one, but it's not something we've done well.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
This is just another piece of strong evidence that we MUST plug the striker gap in our squad. We seem to be in denial as a club, and this is also true for the allegedly ‘insightful’ posters on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is just another piece of strong evidence that we MUST plug the striker gap in our squad. We seem to be in denial as a club, and this is also true for the allegedly ‘insightful’ posters on here.

Hang on. Are you suggesting we need a new striker?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It is very simple. With 3 points for a win and only 1 for a draw, the league table is disproportionately affected by wins. Whether you favour conceding fewer or scoring morer than the opposition, winning is it, losing isn't.

There is no charge for this insight.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
At least we’re now conceding fewer than our xG against since Sanchez has been in goal.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
At least we’re now conceding fewer than our xG against since Sanchez has been in goal.

But the elephant remains in the room

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here