Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920

2 Not allowed!
    I do like a bit of Modern Toss……
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 31A8BEB7-4A71-4B2C-B515-7CD6CAAF882A.jpeg  
    "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      I suspect that @Yes Chef might be able to confirm that it's routine behind the scenes. Certainly used to be in retail.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I suspect that @Yes Chef might be able to confirm that it's routine behind the scenes. Certainly used to be in retail.

Personally, I go by the mantra that the customer is seldom right, you just have to let them think they are.

When I can be arsed, that is.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Yes Chef View Post

Personally, I go by the mantra that the customer is seldom right, you just have to let them think they are.

When I can be arsed, that is.
      Yup, and if I was being over-polite to a punter, it meant that they were an utter arse.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by CHAPPERS View Post
      So I went to Burnt Orange last week, the new venture from the owners of The Coal Shed and The Sal Room. It's a got a completely different VIBE to both of those places, indeed it apparently switches up into a bar later in the evening. It's sharing plates/mmall plates/whatever you want to call it. You can see what they are going for and it will definitely be popular as the cooking is SOLID. I wasn't blown away by any of it, but the raw beef and polenta was really good and I enjoyed it all, I just was not overly sold on the place. The drinks were decent and nothing is too expensive (180 quid all in for 3 people in including three cocktails, a bottle of wine and a large glass of wine plus 12.5% tip) but I'm not going to rush back, as I just didn't like to style of the place. Too 'busy' inside and the outside bit looks fine but I'm not a fan of dining Al Fresco unless I'm on my holibobs.

Service okay and the place was packed on a Monday which was good to see. However, if I want this style I'll go to Flint House.

6/10 (possibly harsh). There's the review.

Edit: Oh yeah it's in the old Coach House premises FYI.
      The Independent liked it

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-b1892842.html
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I went to burnt orange last night, not my choice I’m not into small plates, I’ve been to Flint house and Fourth & Church and not overally enjoyed the experience even though the food is excellent just next felt like I had been out for a meal.

Last night however changed all of that. My partner and I went for the burnt orange experience and it was fantastic. The cooking was class excellent and the menu was very balanced. The place was full on a Wednesday night and really enjoyed the vibe in there. We Sat at the bar, although it I went again I would choose a table, not quite like a sitting at the pass experience. However as a result we did have incredible service speaking to the kitchen, bar staff and of course waiting staff. Cocktails were great too. Would highly recommend the El Toro. The set menu was £35 per head we also had a burnt lemon tart between us. Drinks we had 5 cocktails a glass of bubbles and a bottle of wine. Came to around £190 for the both of us.

I have been out a fair bit since restrictions have eased and this was by far the best and most enjoyable experience I’ve had in a long time. Would recommend.

Edit: just read the review above from the independent sounds like we had the same offering. Would agree with everything that is said. The pork Belly for those who have tried it at bincho is on a par if not better as a much bigger portion. Perfectly melt in the mouth chunks. Outstanding.
      Last edited by Munkfish; 29-07-2021 at 14:03.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by big nuts View Post
      The Flint House is a great place for cocktails and food. I had an excellent Old Fashioned there.
      Second that.