Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819 LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like we're heading to a field in Kent in 10 days, so looking at booking at the following, both of which were recommended by Stephen Harris of The Sportsman:

Folkestone Wine https://folkestonewine.com/

Angelas of Margate https://angelasofmargate.com/
    Harbour Street Tapas in Whitstable is a nice spot if you are in the area and can get in. Beers in the Twelve Taps first.
    NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Just back from Norfolk. Culinary highlight was this place https://thebrisleybell.co.uk/ great hospitality, dog friendly, great food reasonably priced.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      Long thread. Has Andalucia in Ferring made this thread? Can’t recommend the food highly enough. Fantastic Tapas and quality is top notch every visit. Not cheap but when was great food ever cheap?
      Not been there for many years - especially after they tarted it up etc. I remember a birthday meal, where some young lad was working on his first night, practically shaking carrying a tray of drinks and proceeded to drop a whole pint of beer over my brother at the start of the night. The miserable owner just shrugged, said send in the dry cleaning bill (what for some jeans and a jacket?) .... Food always used to be decent though, but fairly big portions for tapas which limited how much you could order
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      Not been there for many years - especially after they tarted it up etc. I remember a birthday meal, where some young lad was working on his first night, practically shaking carrying a tray of drinks and proceeded to drop a whole pint of beer over my brother at the start of the night. The miserable owner just shrugged, said send in the dry cleaning bill (what for some jeans and a jacket?) .... Food always used to be decent though, but fairly big portions for tapas which limited how much you could order
      It was dreadful before the revamp having been pretty good back in the early 90’s. The owner’s sons have taken it on. I hadn’t been there for more than 20 years before it was revamped. The miserable owner is still around but he sits at the bar and isn’t involved as far as I can see. Give it another go, I think you’ll be impressed.
      "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field."
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by thedonkeycentrehalf View Post
      Has been on previous years. Not been for a while as they seem to have cut the menu right down and taken off our favourite dishes.

I can recommend a couple of other good tapas places out West. First of all, tapas night at Boathouse Littlehampton Marina is really good - all prepared by NSC's own @Yes Chef

Further West still, Viento De Levante in Chichester is also worth a visit (went recently for Fathers Day)

Very kind of you thanks, hope you and your family are well.

I also agree with your endorsement of Viento de Levante, such a nice venue. Also in Chi, on South Street, is Arties Kitchen, haven't been post lockdown but used to enjoy it there

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
      Looks like we're heading to a field in Kent in 10 days
      Top one, nice one, sorted.....aren’t you too old for raving?
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      Top one, nice one, sorted for Es and whizz.....aren’t you too old for raving?
      I meant for not in, but we'll see if we can keep going for that long
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Big thanks to @Guinness Boy for mentioning Fanoos on this thread. We went tonight and were not disappointed. Good simple Persian food, two starters and three main courses with change from £60. BYO really helps.
      A great find and highly recommended.
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Yes Chef View Post
      Very kind of you thanks, hope you and your family are well.

I also agree with your endorsement of Viento de Levante, such a nice venue. Also in Chi, on South Street, is Arties Kitchen, haven't been post lockdown but used to enjoy it there
      As you appear to know about all things Chi, have you ever been to the Santorini? I am something of a Grecophile and am planning an early evening pre theatre meal there shortly.

0 Not allowed!
      After tapas talk this week made a last minute call into Rincon De Pepe.

We enjoyed all bar one dish and, as it usually the case, over ordered. Portions are on the larger side - their patatas would easily serve three people - but most were around the £6 mark so decent value. For those who have only seen it from the outside, there is a nice seating area out of the back. Also nice to have some contemporary Spanish music playing in the background rather the usual mix of Gypsy Kings and Guantanamera!
      If you choose to run away with me
      I will tickle you internally
      And I see nothing wrong with that