Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 26-28/01/21

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Things could feel a lot more comfortable come 10pm on Wednesday evening. Or a lot more uncomfortable. Or approximately the same.

Tuesday 26th January 2021
Crystal Palace v West Ham United (18:00) - BT Sport 2
Newcastle United v Leeds United (18:00) - BT Sport 1 / BT Sport Ultimate
Southampton v Arsenal (20:15) - BT Sport 1 / BT Sport Ultimate
West Brom v Man City (20:15) - BT Sport 2

Wednesday 27th January 2021
Burnley v Aston Villa (18:00) - BT Sport 2
Chelsea v Wolves (18:00) - BT Sport 1 / BT Sport Ultimate
Brighton & Hove Albion v Fulham (19:30) - BT Sport 3
Everton v Leicester City (20:15) - BT Sport 2
Man Utd v Sheffield United (20:15) - BT Sport 1 / BT Sport Ultimate

Thursday 28th January 2021
Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool (20:00) - BT Sport 1 / BT Sport Ultimate

Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 21.55.22.png

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I absolutely bloody love these midweek 6pm ko's. Peruse an acca, log off from the WFH, pop to the fridge for a tinny, and veg out in front of the soccerball till gone 10.

That said, I am not looking forward to Wednesday. Not one. Little. Bit.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Ineresting one, our game. I have a feeeling that it will be decided not so much on technical / tactical merits but more on which side wants it more.

Big test for our mentality and desire on Wednesday night.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We simply have to step up to the plate at some point and beat a lower placed team again at home. The law of inevitability predicts it.

The same with a home win against someone-anyone this season.

^----- Each match both of these get closer. Just how it is.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Really need Newcastle to get beat whatever our result , their squad looks very weak compared to the stragglers, thing is Leeds looked pretty devoid of ideas against us which evens it up a bit .

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Big set of fixtures over the next few days, we must, must win anything else will be very very disappointing indeed.

We have a chance to open up a gap, and take it we must, that will boost confidence and give us breathing space to play more freely in the following games, and not get sucked in to a mental battle.

God knows my mental state has taken a big can of whoop arse so far over the last year, I can’t deal with this agony again.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
We simply have to step up to the plate at some point and beat a lower placed team again at home. The law of inevitability predicts it.

The same with a home win against someone-anyone this season.

^----- Each match both of these get closer. Just how it is.

Yup. If we DO manage to get our noses in front at any point on Wednesday I shall go ****ing SPARE if we concede within a few minutes of the re-start. Same if we concede with just minutes / seconds to go before h/t or f/t. That is NOTHING to do with ability or luck and everything to do with game management, staying switched on and making good decisions. We have to find a way to be less mentally fragile at critical points in games.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Would prefer dirty leeds and Newcastle to be a bore draw. Keep them both in the mix.

Yep. Leeds do have a habit of faltering later in the season - I wouldn't rule them out of relegation at all.

I'll make a prediction now that the current bottom three won't be the ones relegated (although SU certainly will be one going down)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Would prefer dirty leeds and Newcastle to be a bore draw. Keep them both in the mix.

Agree ... and if we could beat Fulham then there's the potential for just 4 points to be separating 12th-17th, and an 8 point gap to the 3 bottom places

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The first of 8 six-pointer must win games in the remaining 19 games of the season.

For the sake of the mental health of all Brighton fans it would be nice if we could notch up another win.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Really need Newcastle to get beat whatever our result , their squad looks very weak compared to the stragglers, thing is Leeds looked pretty devoid of ideas against us which evens it up a bit .

I'll be amazed if Leeds don't bounce back against a Newcastle side completely devoid of confidence and full of holes.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'll be amazed if Leeds don't bounce back against a Newcastle side completely devoid of confidence and full of holes.

Newcastle's last 6 games are pretty hard (4 against top 6 teams) and the final game away at Fulham could be very interesting.

The longer Bruce stays in charge the better

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I do not usually take that much interest in games we're not involved in but Newcastle v Leeds could be a classic. I am not sure that Bruce will be able to set up to stop Leeds attacks, and they don't look to have much going forward. Hopefully it will five defeats on the spin for the Toon. I'd like to see a battering - but then again it'd be good for the bottom half of the table if Bruce keeps his job.

As above - I am not looking forward to Wednesday. Fulham just look more physical and quicker than us. We need to take some of those chances ..........

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I’m going for anything but a Newcastle win in this one. But prob a Leeds win best as they have a lot of points on table. Scum lose of course. City thrash WBA. That’s tonight sorted!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The first of 8 six-pointer must win games in the remaining 19 games of the season.

For the sake of the mental health of all Brighton fans it would be nice if we could notch up another win.

So if we win 7 of those and draw one we’ve ****ed it :( I reckon the draw will come tomorrow if that helps :)

Point is, mentality like this just breeds disappointment tbh - and often that is evident on NSC after a defeat or draw which is painful reading. Not getting at you personally just...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here