Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter's Fulham Press Conference

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The idea of a career in sports journalism has always been quite appealing to me.

But then I see these press conferences.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did anyone ask why are we wasting an additional player on every corner? Is it for the one game when we "surprise" the defenders by letting the player who doesn't place the ball take it?

Probably not - even the thickest of journos understand the tactical thinking behind it :albion2:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
[MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]

Not even going to watch it, only want to see [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] 's interpretation.

Thanks for posting Neil bard but I also Need swansmans interpretation.

Wake me up when Swansman has done the heavy lifting

Same here. Don't bother watching these anymore. I just wait for Swanny's forensic analysis of the meaning behind the words. Far more instructive.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Did anyone ask why are we wasting an additional player on every corner? Is it for the one game when we "surprise" the defenders by letting the player who doesn't place the ball take it?

I'm sure if anybody did, Potter would be quite capable of dealing with silly questions.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Dr Potter who sounds like he is battling a bit of a cold says that Aaron and Adam has been training for the last couple of days and there is a chance they will be involved and as for Tariq & Danny "nah the game comes to soon for them" (and its not even close).

Journo is quiet for a moment as his 28.8 bps modem is recieving the info and about Connolly and Lallana again and GP says "yeah I dont think any of them will be ready to start the game but nice to have them in the group".

Same journo who must have had his lobotomy done with a spoon rather than a scalpel says to Potter that he believes the game to be more important for Fulham than for Brighton. GP obviously doesnt agree. GP also says that we've been performing well for most of the season except for a game or so - "Leicester and maybe a half against West Brom, other than that our performances have been quite good but the challenge is to turn it into points" and says its been a similar story for Fulham.

This extremely annoying journo then wants to ask about the transfer window saying "obviously its been a quiet one..." making Potter raise his eyebrow "...for everyone, bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Moises Caicedo, can you tell me something about that?". GP says no.

Journo then says "can you confirm you're interested in him?", Potter says that they would be hearing a lot of he was confirming every player they were interested in.

Journo cant let it go and asks GP if he expects something to happen between now and the end of the xfer window, GP says "I wouldnt say except but you never now" (yes, but not telling media and sure as **** not telling you, please go away) and makes his twisting on the chair scratching his leg-move he does when a journo wont grasp that GP cant and wont give away and transfer news. To trained ears he does give away some info in his answer though - "its our job to be ready if there is an opportuntiy for the club to do something - whether that is short term, mid term or long term bla bla..." (look, stop talking about this Ecuadorian teenager who is signing because it'll be a while before you see him play for Brighton). If you really wanna twist it around this could be an indicator that someone (Romero?) will be joining short-term.

Annoying journo says he gots one last question asks about Lampard, GP says he sad to see a colleague lose the job but its not their thing to say what clubs should or shouldnt do but at this level its a part of life and that he is sure Lampard will learn and improve from his experiences and be back in football soon. "As with anyone I wish Thomas well if he is appointed".

Annoying journo (but you said it was the last question from the grey mass of nonsense inside your skull?) asks something more that I cant be bothered to care about and GP says that every manager at some point is likely to go through this and that the ones who owns the clubs have huge responsibilities and that you have to respect that.

Woman starts speaking (oh thats a new one, what do we have here) and GP launches the "hello hot mama" facial expression quickly reverting to a "nice she is better than the other idiot and I can take her seriously" one as she says Fulham has changed how they set up their play and asks about if its going to be tough for his forwards considering they are now better in defense.

GP says they are expecting a really, really difficult game (they are not shabby at all) and agrees that they've changed a bit as you cant play the same way you did when you got promoted and that Scott Parker has made the necessary changes, they are playing five at the back with great transitions to attack and have some good attacking players, "Lookman and Loftus-Cheek in particular".

Ms Journo asks what positives GP wants to take (your words are sweet, swet poetry to me) from the wins against Leeds and Blackpool. GP says that they are at the stage of the season where they have to take everything they learnt and experienced from the first part and put it into practice - "for us to win games in the PL we need to be at our maximum, we need to play well and have a bit of luck because sometimes playing well is not enough".

Ms Journo asks "and how much motivation is there in the camp to get the first win at the Amex this season" (comrade dont go on to those empty questions... but ok I play along). Potter says "yeah it would be nice, obviously we want to improve that home record. Away form has been really good and even in the back part of last year we didnt get many wins but still got 41 points because our away form was really good, but I think anybody will say that if we win home games, everything becomes a little bit easier... but you can see how its gone this year, the home advantage is less and less "

Johnny the Journo comes along (hi Johnny) and asks if the progress in the FA Cup has any impact on departures in the transfer window, like holding on to player a bit longer. GP says "I dont think so, Johnny, I dont think you can make those quite longer term decisions based on one game."

Johnny the Journo asks if GP is a believer in the word "confidence" or if its too simple to use that kind of word to the describe the kind of momentum you get from two wins. GP looks like he wants to say "Johnny boy I like you but that is was a silly one" but he doesnt and instead says "yeah well.. yeah I believe in confidence but also think its quite simplistic to say its just about that, but clearly winning football matches helps... Johnny. Its certainly, from my experience, not a disadvantage... I'd have more of them, if I could - certainly makes my weekends a bit more bearable."

Johnny the Journo says that Fulham seems to have a lot of pace across the pitch and asks if its one of their strongest assets. GP does not hesitate and says "Yeah, physically every strong. They have player who have played Champions League finals, Champions League semi finals.. Loftus Cheeck from Chelsea and Lookman on loan, they've strengthened well, added well. They are suffering from the start they had but I dont think the team now is really a representation of that start."

Johnny the Journo signs off.

Journo with thick weird accent asks "is this really a six pointer?" (fml this tired question). GP says "No as far as I know you only get three for this one but if we win I'll take six, yea, no problem." (I hate you)

Journo with thick weird accent asks about what Percy Tau will bring. Potter says he doesnt like to compare players and that he brings his own qualities but that the main focus right now is for the club to understand him and for him to understand the club.

Journo with thick weird accent says "something something something, young players go out the lawn?". GPott says "again you never know comfortable with the squad bla bla".

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Woman starts speaking (oh thats a new one, what do we have here) and GP launches the "hello hot mama" facial expression quickly reverting to a "nice she is better than the other idiot and I can take her seriously" one...

...Ms Journo asks what positives GP wants to take (your words are sweet, sweet poetry to me)...

[emoji38]

boik

Dr Potter who sounds like he is battling a bit of a cold says that Aaron and Adam has been training for the last couple of days and there is a chance they will be involved and as for Tariq & Danny "nah the game comes to soon for them" (and its not even close).

Journo is quiet for a moment as his 28.8 bps modem is recieving the info and about Connolly and Lallana again and GP says "yeah I dont think any of them will be ready to start the game but nice to have them in the group".

Same journo who must have had his lobotomy done with a spoon rather than a scalpel says to Potter that he believes the game to be more important for Fulham than for Brighton. GP obviously doesnt agree. GP also says that we've been performing well for most of the season except for a game or so - "Leicester and maybe a half against West Brom, other than that our performances have been quite good but the challenge is to turn it into points" and says its been a similar story for Fulham.

This extremely annoying journo then wants to ask about the transfer window saying "obviously its been a quiet one..." making Potter raise his eyebrow "...for everyone, bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Moises Caicedo, can you tell me something about that?". GP says no.

Journo then says "can you confirm you're interested in him?", Potter says that they would be hearing a lot of he was confirming every player they were interested in.

Journo cant let it go and asks GP if he expects something to happen between now and the end of the xfer window, GP says "I wouldnt say except but you never now" (yes, but not telling media and sure as **** not telling you, please go away) and makes his twisting on the chair scratching his leg-move he does when a journo wont grasp that GP cant and wont give away and transfer news. To trained ears he does give away some info in his answer though - "its our job to be ready if there is an opportuntiy for the club to do something - whether that is short term, mid term or long term bla bla..." (look, stop talking about this Ecuadorian teenager who is signing because it'll be a while before you see him play for Brighton). If you really wanna twist it around this could be an indicator that someone (Romero?) will be joining short-term.

Annoying journo says he gots one last question asks about Lampard, GP says he sad to see a colleague lose the job but its not their thing to say what clubs should or shouldnt do but at this level its a part of life and that he is sure Lampard will learn and improve from his experiences and be back in football soon. "As with anyone I wish Thomas well if he is appointed".

Annoying journo (but you said it was the last question from the grey mass of nonsense inside your skull?) asks something more that I cant be bothered to care about and GP says that every manager at some point is likely to go through this and that the ones who owns the clubs have huge responsibilities and that you have to respect that.

Woman starts speaking (oh thats a new one, what do we have here) and GP launches the "hello hot mama" facial expression quickly reverting to a "nice she is better than the other idiot and I can take her seriously" one as she says Fulham has changed how they set up their play and asks about if its going to be tough for his forwards considering they are now better in defense.

GP says they are expecting a really, really difficult game (they are not shabby at all) and agrees that they've changed a bit as you cant play the same way you did when you got promoted and that Scott Parker has made the necessary changes, they are playing five at the back with great transitions to attack and have some good attacking players, "Lookman and Loftus-Cheek in particular".

Ms Journo asks what positives GP wants to take (your words are sweet, swet poetry to me) from the wins against Leeds and Blackpool. GP says that they are at the stage of the season where they have to take everything they learnt and experienced from the first part and put it into practice - "for us to win games in the PL we need to be at our maximum, we need to play well and have a bit of luck because sometimes playing well is not enough".

Ms Journo asks "and how much motivation is there in the camp to get the first win at the Amex this season" (comrade dont go on to those empty questions... but ok I play along). Potter says "yeah it would be nice, obviously we want to improve that home record. Away form has been really good and even in the back part of last year we didnt get many wins but still got 41 points because our away form was really good, but I think anybody will say that if we win home games, everything becomes a little bit easier... but you can see how its gone this year, the home advantage is less and less "

Johnny the Journo comes along (hi Johnny) and asks if the progress in the FA Cup has any impact on departures in the transfer window, like holding on to player a bit longer. GP says "I dont think so, Johnny, I dont think you can make those quite longer term decisions based on one game."

Johnny the Journo asks if GP is a believer in the word "confidence" or if its too simple to use that kind of word to the describe the kind of momentum you get from two wins. GP looks like he wants to say "Johnny boy I like you but that is was a silly one" but he doesnt and instead says "yeah well.. yeah I believe in confidence but also think its quite simplistic to say its just about that, but clearly winning football matches helps... Johnny. Its certainly, from my experience, not a disadvantage... I'd have more of them, if I could - certainly makes my weekends a bit more bearable."

Johnny the Journo says that Fulham seems to have a lot of pace across the pitch and asks if its one of their strongest assets. GP does not hesitate and says "Yeah, physically every strong. They have player who have played Champions League finals, Champions League semi finals.. Loftus Cheeck from Chelsea and Lookman on loan, they've strengthened well, added well. They are suffering from the start they had but I dont think the team now is really a representation of that start."

Journo with thick weird accent asks "is this really a six pointer?" (fml this tired question). GP says "No as far as I know you only get three for this one but if we win I'll take six, yea, no problem." (I hate you)

Journo with thick weird accent asks about what Percy Tau will bring. Potter says he doesnt like to compare players and that he brings his own qualities but that the main focus right now is for the club to understand him and for him to understand the club.

Journo with thick weird accent says "something something something, young players go out the lawn?". GPott says "again you never know comfortable with the squad bla bla".

Great work again El Swanny. Much more enjoyable than the real thing. Have a virtual pizza from me.

May 5, 2020
Sussex

Thanks swansman.
Insightful and humourous as always:lolol:
Much rather read this than watch the actual press conference.thanks for watching it for us ,it can't be easy.
I did skip to the end to hear the strange accent of which you wrote.
It sounds like father dougal to me

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m getting nervous like against Peterborough all those years ago and Norwich more recently and both were dispatched with consummate ease. I’m hopeful of a win at least :moo:

Exactly. I'm hoping for 4 or 5 points from this one.

Incidentally given the OP is firmly and loudly in the PotterOUT!! camp, is this merely a mockery thread? ???

If so, can I just say that GPott has funny hair. Grow it out and he'd look like this:

tom-petty-201299-1-402.jpg

Mystery Man?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
....can I just say that GPott has funny hair. Grow it out and he'd look like this:

View attachment 132959

Mystery Man?

Having done a similar assessment of the general characteristics of his hair type I would venture to say that if he continued to grow it out beyond the transitional "Petty phase" he would eventually achieve this look. Unfortunately (like Rick) he can only work with what he's got....

rick-5264612.jpg

rick potter.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here