[Albion] Simon Rusk has left the building

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Odds on someone Nordic replacing him?

V_001

Dec 31, 2020
Hollingdean & Dublin
So when you've said in the past the coaching at U23 wasn't all that, was it particularly Rusk you were referring to or other coaches? What is your opinion of Crofts as a coach?

Crofty still needs to complete his badges, but is a real people person, likes talking to the players walking them through senarios on where to improve, where they had options etc. I think he will do well, but maybe get a Mark Beard or Ben Smith in alongside him.

But to answer your questions, Rusk’s needed 1st team football, he treated his role with us like he was a 1st team manager, so from a player development prospective his leaving is good for us in terms of getting the best from our quality younger players. Knowing Andy like I do, he will play a more developmental brand of football, he has a great relationship with everyone at the club, is very well liked and will be happy to once and for all hang up his boots and let the youngsters blossom, because as I said previously we have an excellent crop of u17s and 18s this season, the u23s has some exciting times ahead.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Crofty still needs to complete his badges, but is a real people person, likes talking to the players walking them through senarios on where to improve, where they had options etc. I think he will do well, but maybe get a Mark Beard or Ben Smith in alongside him.

But to answer your questions, Rusk’s needed 1st team football, he treated his role with us like he was a 1st team manager, so from a player development prospective his leaving is good for us in terms of getting the best from our quality younger players. Knowing Andy like I do, he will play a more developmental brand of football, he has a great relationship with everyone at the club, is very well liked and will be happy to once and for all hang up his boots and let the youngsters blossom, because as I said previously we have an excellent crop of u17s and 18s this season, the u23s has some exciting times ahead.

Thank you, good to know.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Odds on someone Nordic replacing him?

Dead cert.

tumblr_pkr85qYLoX1wx88o7o2_400.gifv

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Which Simon Rusk thread should I be looking at?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

If Crofts hasn’t got his badges how can he manage, is it not like the first team that you need badges before being able to take the top job? Will this mean he won’t be playing any more?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If Crofts hasn’t got his badges how can he manage, is it not like the first team that you need badges before being able to take the top job? Will this mean he won’t be playing any more?

Clubs can apply for special dispensation to appoint someone who doesn't have the required coaching badges for the level they are going to manage at (this would include the PL if the manager hadn't yet go the UEFA Pro Licence). I would imagine that courses have been delayed or cancelled recently and that is probably a huge contributing factor to why Andrew Cofts hasn't got his yet, but it won't stand in the way of any appointment.

I would expect Crofts will need to get his UEFA A/FA Level 4 badge for him to be considered fully qualified for the U23's, something that can be done over the summer if courses are running.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here