Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] WHC CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS: Semi Final 1

Which beast is harder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I can see this going the way of the Brexit thread into the bear pit.

All this anger about a fantasy contest :)Think I need to get a gang of friends to create an account each ........

Would it be too obvious if they were called friends of animals from the warmer climes 1,2,3 etc?

Come on light hearted fishing.
But if you are going to do that at least have creative names like HB2 and HB3 nothing to obvious hey

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Incorrect.

A Honey Badger's claws unlike a Polar Bear are designed for digging not shredding and piercing.

So already the Polar Bear is equipped with an extra weapon.

Honey Badgers are also restricted in its ability to come from different angles of attack.

The Polar Bear can fight on four and two legged stance. The Honey Badger cannot.

Then there's the intelligence levels, Polar Bars are smarter than Honey Badgers so are capable of assessing a fight situation to a far higher level.

I agree with everything except the intelligence in which I think they are evenly matched but the honey badger has better problem solving skills.
But I will also add despite the honey badgers reputation fearless ferocity to take on lions,hyenas etc they do often lose and get killed.
The honey badger relies on the lion or hyena not wanting to lose an eye in a meaningless fight so it is unable to hunt.
But if the lion is hungry enough or grumpy enough the honey badger will generally be killed and eaten.

Jan 18, 2021
It is a very strange form of democracy you seem to have in England. I see that the fearsome Mantis Shrimp accumulated the impressive sum of over 1m votes, obliterating the opposition, and yet it does not appear to have made the semi-final.

It would seem that some form of skullduggery is afoot. Skullduggery akin to that witnessed in votes recently completed in other developing nations, such as the US.

It is clear that the beneficiaries cannot benefit from such underhand tactics.

Accordingly, I cast my vote for the Polar Bear.

I leave you with my now customary greeting: Piss Off, Timmy. It's just a shame he will not see be able to see my salutation.

Regards,
Nkosi

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
FFS! Not the bloody Honeybadger again.

It's like the Burnley of hard animals. It's so bloody stupid and boring.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
FFS! Not the bloody Honeybadger again.

It's like the Burnley of hard animals. It's so bloody stupid and boring.

To be fair, dull though they might be, if there was a world's hardest EPL teams, Burnley would also make the final year after year.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I agree with everything except the intelligence in which I think they are evenly matched but the honey badger has better problem solving skills.
But I will also add despite the honey badgers reputation fearless ferocity to take on lions,hyenas etc they do often lose and get killed.
The honey badger relies on the lion or hyena not wanting to lose an eye in a meaningless fight so it is unable to hunt.
But if the lion is hungry enough or grumpy enough the honey badger will generally be killed and eaten.

Whereas the Polar Bear has only one threat. Mankind.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Hmmmmm, as ever I sniff Mod involvement and the use of 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th accounts....sad the extent to which some people will gout it goes to show what a truly intimidating hard nut monster the badger is

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It is a very strange form of democracy you seem to have in England. I see that the fearsome Mantis Shrimp accumulated the impressive sum of over 1m votes, obliterating the opposition, and yet it does not appear to have made the semi-final.

It would seem that some form of skullduggery is afoot. Skullduggery akin to that witnessed in votes recently completed in other developing nations, such as the US.

It is clear that the beneficiaries cannot benefit from such underhand tactics.

Accordingly, I cast my vote for the Polar Bear.

I leave you with my now customary greeting: Piss Off, Timmy. It's just a shame he will not see be able to see my salutation.

Regards,
Nkosi

Yez brother. I underline everything you juzt zaid. Foolz to the left of uz, foolz to the right of uz.

The Polar Bear not only reprezents itz majeztic zelf: it alzo reprezentz thiz abuze of juztice.

It iz our vehicle of vengeance. And it knowz it.

Regardz

Zhrimpmeister 2000

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
As magnificent as the polar bear is, it’s got the run of the place. While it has impeccable hunting credentials, there’s nothing challenging it. It never really has to have a good old fashioned dust up.

The honey badger? One of the smallest kids on the block in an environment packed full of killers and it’ll pick a fight with any of them. Proper bampot is what it is.

59E68948-4D39-475C-B6D9-66670414A7C1.gif

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

That's why they don't get killed by the apex predators often , they taste like crap.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
As magnificent as the polar bear is, it’s got the run of the place. While it has impeccable hunting credentials, there’s nothing challenging it. It never really has to have a good old fashioned dust up.

The honey badger? One of the smallest kids on the block in an environment packed full of killers and it’ll pick a fight with any of them. Proper bampot is what it is.

View attachment 133055

The Polar Bear has to face the worlds most dangerous apex predator, man.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Just over 30 minutes to go. If you haven't voted already do it now!

The Polar bear leads by five votes in whathas been an EPIC semi final. Once the H.B got his nose in front I didn't think he'd relinquish the lead but P.B has been relentless and is now half an hour away from the final.

Does the Honey Badger have one last push in him or is he done?

Not long until we find out...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Excellent contest. Respect to the Badger for a valiant fight, but the Hardest Animal was victorious.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
The irony is, a regular sized Honey Badger would still have a go at a regular sized Polar Bear if it got the chance. I’m not sure the Badger would win but the Polar Bear would be scarred (both emotionally & physically) for the rest of it’s life.

But is picking a fight you can’t win ‘hard’ or just stupid? ???

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's over!

And what a contest it was. Polar Bear looks back to his best defeating the peoples champion by 82 votes to 77. An incredible effort by both combatants but there can only be one winner and this time it was Polar bear marching into his fourth final. It should be pointed out that P.B has NEVER lost a final...

Please show full appreciation as both beasts leave the arena.

Now for semi final 2!

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Damn it, only just seen this thread despite being on a few times in last 2 days. Oh well, my 1 vote for HB wouldn't have changed the result.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Usual conspiracy against the HB. Absolute bullshit.

It should leave and set up its own competition away from the corruption and vote-rigging here. Just like England should with FIFA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here