Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lampard sacked...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sad? The bloke had been given one of the biggest jobs in Europe after one average season at Derby and none of his millions appear that well spent. The truth is, he needed to gain some experience elsewhere before being given a chance like that.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
So who's in then?

Tuchel? Hassenhutl? Potter?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Presumably replace him with Wayne Rooney from Wayne Rooney's Derby County

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Rafa Benitez left his role in China over the weekend. There's history there...

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Sad? The bloke had been given one of the biggest jobs in Europe after one average season at Derby and none of his millions appear that well spent. The truth is, he needed to gain some experience elsewhere before being given a chance like that.

Whether he got the job too soon or not, only sad in the sense he hasn’t really been given time.

He did great in his first season with no transfers and just the kids.

Look at Ole, United stuck with him and they’re now reaping the benefits.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Whether he got the job too soon or not, only sad in the sense he hasn’t really been given time.

He did great in his first season with no transfers and just the kids.

Look at Ole, United stuck with him and they’re now reaping the benefits.
Yeah after I posted I turned my thoughts to OGS. You can't argue Man United took a chance on keeping him in place and appear to be reaping their rewards.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yeah after I posted I turned my thoughts to OGS. You can't argue Man United took a chance on keeping him in place and appear to be reaping their rewards.

In OGS's case though he did work his apprenticeship at different clubs in coaching and managerial roles for years before getting the United job.

Lampard had one season in one of the easiest jobs in the Championship and still failed at that IMO.

Plus OGS is quite likeable whereas Lampard is a bit of a ****.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh, not a total surprise though, Klopp next ???? All management ends in failure eventually.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here