Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you think he is the player of the season so far?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
At the moment Webby is the form player. A month ago it was Solly. The month before that Yves. The month before that Tariq

Whoever can put together a couple more months of that form will take POTS

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Between Biss and March. If ever a thread deserved a poll, surely this is one?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Bissouma - realising the potential, consistently

Webster, likewise

Ally Mac is starting to show the form we were led to believe before he arrived, hopefully he can maintain it.

Solly has been much better, but still flatters to deceive.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We've also got a few coming into form who could make a late charge.

Dunk, Veltman, MacAllister, White.

We have half the season still to play. Loads of time for people to go on a good run of form

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
If asked the question of which player I would not want to see sold it would be Biss.
He is playing in a different level to everyone else this season.
Solly has improved a lot but his final delivery into the box is still infuriating at times.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Between Biss and March. If ever a thread deserved a poll, surely this is one?

Someone gave me instructions on how to make a poll but unfortunately I'm too dumb to get it and probably need a step-by-step with pictures and arrows.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Really hard to argue that top 3. I think most of us agree.

Lamptey. Just world class, the sky is the limit with this kid. Gutted I’ve not seen him play in person.

Biss. Everyone knows how good he is now, throughout the league. Always a power house, always terrific with ball to feet and driving runs. Now added goals to his game, which takes him to another level.

Solly. I may be tempted to make him number 1, only because he’s the most improved player of the lot.. a complete surprise and revelation since going to wing back. Even the Solly haters have been quiet. Because he’s been consistently dangerous, plus added goals to his game.

Honourable mentions; Webster is now fully adapted to Premier League football and getting better and better and Ben White.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Probably Bissouma, although we didn't seem to miss him that much in the 2 games he was unavailable - Man City and Utd - and in the halves of games where he was subbed off or on the bench - Wolves 2nd half and Leeds 1st half.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
My top 3:

Solly March
Very consistent. A few really good games, some good games and pretty much no bad performances. Sure there's a few things to moan about, he is still not always decisive when he gets the ball meaning things go a bit slow but he has improved a lot even when it comes to this compared to last season. Should be one of the candidates for the left back/lwb role for England in the tournament people still pretend will be played this summer.

Yves Bissouma
Remarkably good in almost every game aside for the occasional ****up and the occasional dip here and there and there's a bit of polishing to do in both attack and defense, but the raw material is definitely there and Bissouma has kept up what he started to show in the last ten or so games last season. Lets hope his head is in the right place, rumours about moving to Real, Barca, Bayern, PSG, United and clubs like that could seriously **** with a players head and GP dropping him against Leeds was not a good indicator. We need him despite White's ridicilously good Bissouma impression in the last two games.

Adam Webster

Recently became a father not once but twice: got himself a kiddo weeks ago and also rapidly growing into the patriarch of this Brighton side. Excellent with the ball, excellent without the ball and taking a lot of responsibility in a lot of situations. Dirty good, especially since moving back to the RCB role. Burn-haters will have to live with seeing him back in the side (only left footed cb) as it brings out the very best in Adam to play in his current role.

Others who could challenge for the award at the end of the season
:
Lamptey - involved in seven goals in eleven games playing as RWB is world class stats and if he gets to be fit for the majority of the spring, we all know he is going to be a challenger for a player of the year award.
Dunk - people have moaned a lot about Dunk but I think he's done well. Average until the Liverpool game and great since then.
White - could be the exclamation mark of the spring... possibly as midfielder. His games against City and Leeds in the Bissouma role were even better than his above average games as a defender. This boy is the real deal wherever on the pitch he ends up.
Le Maupster - its mainly a gut feeling but I think Neal is capable of raising his game a level and score a bunch of goals in the coming months

Bissouma for me.

I agree March, Webster and Lamptey have also been good but Bissouma has been our most consistent perfprmerand is going to be hard to hold onto in the summer.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Yeah, it's between Bissouma and March for me. Probably Bissouma at the moment.

Webster would have a really strong shout if he continues playing on the right side of the back three but with White and Veltman both playing that side it seems more likely he'll go back to the left side unless we play a back four.

Lamptey is nailed on for young player of the season.

White is an outside shout if he continues ion the same vein as his last two performances where he's been outstanding.

So basically I agree with pretty much everything Swansman and most other people on the thread have said!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The season is only half done, so l'm not going to vote until the fat lady sings.

That said, Tariq Lamptey without his prolongued injury layoff, would be my leading candidate by a country mile.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The OP has covered all my views in his opening gambit with the exception of Mac Allister. It seems to me that he has the capability of producing our best set-pieces and playing our best attacking passes. If he keeps on performing like he has done in the last two EPL fixtures, he'll break into the top 3. For now, I'm ranking them like this:

1.Bissouma
2. Webster
3. March

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The one thing I can guarantee, is that is won't be an attacker for player of the season.

We're Brighton. We only do defenders and midfielders.

I've not got a list in front of me, but i'd guess only about 4 wingers or strikers have won it in the last 35 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here