Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you think he is the player of the season so far?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
My top 3:

Solly March
Very consistent. A few really good games, some good games and pretty much no bad performances. Sure there's a few things to moan about, he is still not always decisive when he gets the ball meaning things go a bit slow but he has improved a lot even when it comes to this compared to last season. Should be one of the candidates for the left back/lwb role for England in the tournament people still pretend will be played this summer.

Yves Bissouma
Remarkably good in almost every game aside for the occasional ****up and the occasional dip here and there and there's a bit of polishing to do in both attack and defense, but the raw material is definitely there and Bissouma has kept up what he started to show in the last ten or so games last season. Lets hope his head is in the right place, rumours about moving to Real, Barca, Bayern, PSG, United and clubs like that could seriously **** with a players head and GP dropping him against Leeds was not a good indicator. We need him despite White's ridicilously good Bissouma impression in the last two games.

Adam Webster

Recently became a father not once but twice: got himself a kiddo weeks ago and also rapidly growing into the patriarch of this Brighton side. Excellent with the ball, excellent without the ball and taking a lot of responsibility in a lot of situations. Dirty good, especially since moving back to the RCB role. Burn-haters will have to live with seeing him back in the side (only left footed cb) as it brings out the very best in Adam to play in his current role.

Others who could challenge for the award at the end of the season
:
Lamptey - involved in seven goals in eleven games playing as RWB is world class stats and if he gets to be fit for the majority of the spring, we all know he is going to be a challenger for a player of the year award.
Dunk - people have moaned a lot about Dunk but I think he's done well. Average until the Liverpool game and great since then.
White - could be the exclamation mark of the spring... possibly as midfielder. His games against City and Leeds in the Bissouma role were even better than his above average games as a defender. This boy is the real deal wherever on the pitch he ends up.
Le Maupster - its mainly a gut feeling but I think Neal is capable of raising his game a level and score a bunch of goals in the coming months

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Bissouma. He has been consistently outstanding and has improved beyond belief.
Honourable mentions to March and Lamptey.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good summary would have the same top 3, probably with Webbo at the top at the moment for me - he’s been far more consistent this season and our best defender. Don’t think Lamptey will play enough to be POTS regardless of what happens now, but Bissouma could be in with a very good shout at the end of the season if his form continues.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
1.Bissouma
2.Webster
3.March

Lamptey would be right up there without his injury. I also think Dunk is playing somewhere back to his best but only in the past 6 or 7 games.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
Bissouma - always looks to have time.

March - looks so much more confident.

Webster - getting better and better.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Would have been Lamptey had he stayed fit and consistent, but as he didn't it's definitely Bissouma.

Agree that Webster has been great and we look a lot better when he drives forward and makes defences come out of shape or drop back. White has the potential to be up there but we have to work out his best position. With Moder recalled it has to be centre back and that means no Veltman when Lamptey is fit - a shame as I think Veltman has done a very decent but largely unsung job over recent weeks.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would have been Lamptey had he stayed fit and consistent, but as he didn't it's definitely Bissouma.

Agree that Webster has been great and we look a lot better when he drives forward and makes defences come out of shape or drop back. White has the potential to be up there but we have to work out his best position. With Moder recalled it has to be centre back and that means no Veltman when Lamptey is fit - a shame as I think Veltman has done a very decent but largely unsung job over recent weeks.

Lamptey was an absolute revelation early season. Whether it was because he was not 100% fit or other clubs managers are now very aware that he is a game changer I felt that he had lost some of that early season ability to change games by the time he went off injured.

Bissouma is the only other player we have who I have noticed opposition fans suggesting they’d like in their team, exactly like Lamptey. I just think Bissouma is a more complete player at the moment and he would get my vote.

Really looking forward to Lamptey coming back and seeing if he can pick up his early season form but being small and getting targeted every game may take it’s toll on him mentally. Biss seems to relish mixing it with hard men, Lamptey will always struggle to shake off lunging thugs and I don’t think refs give him the protection they should. I worry for him long term in the Albion team tbh.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Lamptey

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
1.Bissouma
2.Webster
3.March

Lamptey would be right up there without his injury. I also think Dunk is playing somewhere back to his best but only in the past 6 or 7 games.

I agree with every word of this, and have to say that this thread -- so far -- has been encouraging.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Pretty obvious isn't it!

Be interested to see if anyone picks a different top 3. Think Biss, Solly and Webster have been miles ahead of anyone else.

Yep, the obvious three

I think Mac could compete with them if he plays the rest of the season like he's been playing these past few weeks

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Agree with everyone else really, Bissouma and March are head and shoulders above everyone else at the moment, March is massively improved from what he offered last season too, I was ready to write him off but admit I was wrong in that respect now, he really seems to relish the challenge of the left wing back role.

Lamptey would be in there if not for the injury. Webster, Dunk and Mac Allister have looked great the last few games and if they keep it up for the rest of the season then they'd have to be in with a shout of the top 3 too.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I can't say Lamptey given his absences (might as well say Lallana or Welbeck), so it has to be Bissouma. Most others have had the odd game or two where they've been below par, I genuinely cannot remember a game this season where Biss wasn't one of our best performers on the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here