Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia

apologies if this has already featured but I have been 'away' for a while. So the Dutchman lasted four months in Germany and then ends up in the MLS where he has hardly set the league alight - the contract stipulates that Cincinnati have to buy him for about £5m (we paid £14) if he plays a certain number of games otherwise he returns to us and would still have a year on his contract from NEXT season. They have never paid more than £1.3m on a player as a 'new' club. I cannot see them playing him to trigger that clause which means he comes back but who would want to take him out on loan with that record?

Given that a few years ago we had quite a few players in on loan it does seem that we have turned more to youth development which is a real plus although we have yet to see a true top five PL star in the making. At least we have hopefully seen the back of knee jerk signings like JL.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Someone will be along in a minute to say he was never really given a chance in his right position and once Potter does that we will have a real PLAYA on our hands.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
he was never really given a chance in his right position and once Potter does that we will have a real PLAYA on our hands

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Its going to be difficult to get rid of him when he comes back in the summer, thats for sure. Did okay when he was on loan over in Germany, hopefully someone remembers it. Absolute best case scenario is probably to get rid of his wage. Probably for the better, any transfer fee and TB might get locked up for fraud.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
He's likely to be on big wages. MLS club won't want him, no one in the PL or Championship would. To be honest he was no world beater in the Eredivise. Can see him and the club agreeing to part ways by mutual consent.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
He had so much goodwill from a lot of our younger supporters when it was plainly obvious pretty early on he was shit. What game was it he fell over through on goal? Kind of summed him up. Shocking signing

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I remember thinking he looked "ok" against Coventry. Got that one wrong! My God we have wasted some money in spectacular fashion in the last 5 years.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Locadia is basically a giant unsightly tattoo that BHA desperately wants rid of. Talked into it by a mate and paid a fortune for it when we were spaffed off our tits on horse tranquilisers and meth, so we got stuck with it. Now its a case of getting it removed with hopefully as little damage as possible. Or just making the best of it by covering it up with a picture of Lallana's groin and a rose with barbed wire.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
He made a superstar entrance after he signed.
When he announced into the centre circle before the kick off at the amex and applauded us and we applauded him ,I thought wow this is different,this guy really must be a top player.
Sadly I was wrong and apart from a couple of goals I think his showbiz reveal to the fans that night is the only clear memory I have of him.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Even if there was any kind of player there, from what I’ve seen of his play in the US his confidence looks rock bottom.

Surely his old team in Holland would welcome him back. It goes without saying we’re going to have to forget any kind of transfer fee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here