Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Millwall's fans reputation caused a DLR station to be renamed

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I remember going through that station on the way to the O2 one day. My Mrs asked why I was smirking. I just pointed at the sign and in a childish, giggling voice said "Mudchute, ha"........she said I need to grow up.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
PHP:
An interesting video on the DLR.

I would expect most people would be unaware of the station.

He does quite a lot on the DLR amongst other London related things. Of the 1000 or so time I must have been to or through London with work or leisure I think I have been on the DLR twice - once to go to the now demolished London Arena and once for an interview round Canary Wharf.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I remember going through that station on the way to the O2 one day. My Mrs asked why I was smirking. I just pointed at the sign and in a childish, giggling voice said "Mudchute, ha"........she said I need to grow up.

:) They just don’t get it sometimes.

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
Mudchute.org

We used to take our kids to the city farm there many years ago. Lovely community set up. The stables did lots of work with kids with disabilities. And the cafe attracted some great cooks including one who had worked at the river cafe. Had some amazing food and it was stupidly cheap. Never had any problem with the locals. Very different from walking through the cage to see Albion playing away there.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mudchute.org

We used to take our kids to the city farm there many years ago. Lovely community set up. The stables did lots of work with kids with disabilities. And the cafe attracted some great cooks including one who had worked at the river cafe. Had some amazing food and it was stupidly cheap. Never had any problem with the locals. Very different from walking through the cage to see Albion playing away there.

Have done a few days volunteering there - took my whole London team there (30 mins walk from the office) a couple of years ago and spent the day building chicken sheds and putting in a water supply. It’s a fabulous facility run by brilliant people. The full English breakfast at the caff is incredible

Mudchute for me was also always an apocryphal point on the London Marathon course....something like 18 miles in and the crowd support there is fantastic.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
An interesting video on the DLR.

I would expect most people would be unaware of the station.

Worked for a while in an office close to Crossharbour, the next station towards Canary Wharf, so well aware of it. I'm imagining the narrator sat in an anorak and clothes that smell slightly of milk.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
PHP:

He does quite a lot on the DLR amongst other London related things. Of the 1000 or so time I must have been to or through London with work or leisure I think I have been on the DLR twice - once to go to the now demolished London Arena and once for an interview round Canary Wharf.

Yes Jago Hazzard, Geoff Marshall has a lot of similar stuff on you tube concerning err ... the tube, and railways in general too.

keitho54

Oct 9, 2003
I clicked on that video and lost 90 minutes of my day; it was wonderful! Some great stuff from the chap who made the Mudchute one and others from Geoff Marshall/All the Stations - also on YouTube.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I have to be honest and say that that YouTube channel is a guilty pleasure of mine.

I do have a fascination with the London railway system - I have no idea where it came from - and the history of locations, commercial decisions, and etymological roots.

That bloke does have a nasally, nerdy voice but the truth is, I do find it quite interesting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here