Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Simon Rusk leaving.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Done six of those as an away trip though Darlo was to Feethams. Was also on the train to Halifax when it was called off due to them playing Rugby League on the pitch the night before in a rain storm :facepalm:

I've no idea if these actually count as "league grounds" in my total now.

I've done eight of those I mentioned, as well as Hereford, Dag & Red, Rushden & Diamonds, Macclesfield, Bury & Kidderminster which are no longer league clubs.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Done six of those as an away trip though Darlo was to Feethams. Was also on the train to Halifax when it was called off due to them playing Rugby League on the pitch the night before in a rain storm :facepalm:.

We were just about to turn onto the M1 from the M25 when we heard it had been called off. Drove into town instead and did the London Aquarium by Waterloo.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Done six of those as an away trip though Darlo was to Feethams. Was also on the train to Halifax when it was called off due to them playing Rugby League on the pitch the night before in a rain storm :facepalm:

I've no idea if these actually count as "league grounds" in my total now.

Just the one for me - bad fan.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Torquay
Stockport
Hartlepool
Wrexham
Notts County
Chesterfield
Halifax
Aldershot

Not to mention: Darlington, Southport, Chester, who have sunk even lower.
I remember seeing us play all of those in my most remembered Albion season of 1964-5 (The Bobby Smith season) when we scored 102 goals and won the 4th Division title.

My Dad often talks about that season and Bobby Smith playing for us, the amount goals scored is ridiculous, we weren’t even top scorers as Chester scored 119 (and let in 81).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We were just about to turn onto the M1 from the M25 when we heard it had been called off. Drove into town instead and did the London Aquarium by Waterloo.

Reminds me of a game in the late 80's away to Hull City, a few of us travelled up by train, (not an easy journey, with two or three changes).

Eventually got to Hull Station, hailed a cab, to be told by the driver that the game had just been called off due to a waterlogged pitch. We then decided to get a train to Doncaster who also had a home game that day, just so that we could get our folotie fix, only to discover, that that game also, had fallen foul to the weather.

Having given up, and on the train back to Kings Cross, we discovered that just two games had been called off that day . . . yes you guessed it, at Hull and Doncaster.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Really?

It is pretty simple in my view, and rightly gives an advantage to the teams finishing higher in the table. Should be introduced for the EFL play-offs.

I’d love to see the same system implemented in the EFL. As well as home advantage being the reward for finishing higher in the league it would also mean more teams in contention for a play off place later in the season so less dead rubber games.

The only down side is Portsmouth would have made the League One play offs under this system.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
I guess what he brings to that job is potential access to Brighton youth players. If true, well done and good luck. He’s done an outstanding job bringing through a lot of talent. Definitely one to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
A) Call it what you ****ing like.....nepotism would probably be the word I'd use.

B) Didn't say that we didn't. In fact I said it's great if we can go down that route. The point I was making it should be whoever is best qualified for the role not just someone who once played for the club.

Spikey.

If you think the club are going to hand out jobs for the sake of good will to its old players, you’re off your rocker.

The contribution of a handful of ex-players warrants respect and serious consideration for senior roles at the club. They’ve spent years earning that respect so it is nothing like nepotism. Nothing at all. The assessment that it would be nepotism by the club to consider ex-player candidates who have worked so hard for the club for years
and have demonstrated commitment, skill, thoughtfulness and character is lazy and flawed at best.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Spikey.

If you think the club are going to hand out jobs for the sake of good will to its old players, you’re off your rocker.

The contribution of a handful of ex-players warrants respect and serious consideration for senior roles at the club. They’ve spent years earning that respect so it is nothing like nepotism. Nothing at all. The assessment that it would be nepotism by the club to consider ex-player candidates who have worked so hard for the club for years
and have demonstrated commitment, skill, thoughtfulness and character is lazy and flawed at best.

I'll refer you to point B again. As I said great if we can do it but it shouldn't be a prerequisite.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Really?

It is pretty simple in my view, and rightly gives an advantage to the teams finishing higher in the table. Should be introduced for the EFL play-offs.

Agree Much better, I would go even further to reward side finishing 2nd. 5th v 6th winner plays 4th and winner of that plays 3rd in final. Therefore reward for finishing 3rd is to be in final and also reward for finishing 4th. Appreciate a problem because number of games Present system seems a little unfair to sides finishing 3rd 10 plus points ahead

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Today 13.00 Swedish time (12 or 14 in England, I always forget) Simon Rusks Stockport will be playing Hartlepool in the playoff. Hopefully they can go up to League 2. Will be a nice warm-up game before the Euro games.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Today 13.00 Swedish time (12 or 14 in England, I always forget) Simon Rusks Stockport will be playing Hartlepool in the playoff. Hopefully they can go up to League 2. Will be a nice warm-up game before the Euro games.

Be great if they can get back into the league, and potentially an option for some of our youngsters. (Have watched a couple of games and Rusk does seem to have them passing).

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Simon Rusk is now into six months in charge at #stockportcounty, ahead of taking his side into the National League play-offs next week.

Games in charge: 27
Won: 14 (Win percentage of 51.85%)
Drawn: 10
Lost: 3

Goals scored: 47
Goals conceded: 15

Decent record.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Like our players, Albion clearly won't hold back staff who have the opportunity to further their careers elsewhere.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I was somewhat torn between wanting SR to do well and Hartlepool being my local team. On balance, I’m happy Hartlepool one. Promotion for them would be massive, and might well be the difference between surviving as a club and not. Come on Pools!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here