Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why Are We So Wasteful?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Of course not.If the right player is available at the right price,we should sign him.

We have made mistakes with striker signings. Locadia and Andone were not exactly raging successes either!!

Maupay will score more goals than Watkins this season.

You are a bore

I am correct, even if you find that boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Well if you’re going to criticise someone’s post with a glib “they’re exactly wrong” you may do your argument some favours by giving some reasons as to why?

I thought Swanny made a good point. Happy to hear what yours is.

I won’t bore you by repeating my coherent arguments against the oh so ‘insightful’ Swansman

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
What if the problem is wages and not transfer fee? Not as simple as you make.

And selling White, Biss, or Tariq would be stupid unless a really good reason.

One good reason being we are suffering financially like all clubs and our squad is obviously unbalanced in terms of defence and midfield versus strikers.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Haller, Samatta, Werner, Brewster and Rodrigo all very recent examples of players in the bracket that you are talking about or more who have done **** all. Watkins, (who wanted Villa anyway because of the Dean Smith connection), is the only name you seem to have come up with. Wilson is on £100k a week, way beyond our wage structure.

Who are these realistic examples who’ve worked? Who have we missed out on or who should we go get?

I am not a scout. It is laughable that you (and others BTW) ask this question. Our recruitment team are paid to address our squad gaps. The most obvious one for about 2 years is striker. They have failed.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
That is so simplistic. A decent target man comes with no guarantees. So many examples of bug money strikers not fulfilling their 'guarantees'.

It is a sensible suggestion if we are struggling financially (I am sure we are). It is not simplistic. We need to strengthen in one key area. We haven’t.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I am not a scout. It is laughable that you (and others BTW) ask this question. Our recruitment team are paid to address our squad gaps. The most obvious one for about 2 years is striker. They have failed.

You’re throwing your toys out of the pram because there are players out there that other clubs sign but you can’t name one example. That’s what’s laughable.

Jimmy Grimble

Possibly the worst display of finishing yet.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Under the circumstances I thought I’d bounce this.

Trossard does my tits in. Gets into so many decent positions but has no end product.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Possibly the worst display of finishing yet.

Oooh, I don't know, I think think Potter must be praised for transforming all of our players to be extremely consistent in being ****ING USELESS at anything incisive in the opposing penalty area. That's no mean feat.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I’m sure it’s been said but our attacking players aren’t good enough at finishing and no amount of coaching will ever change that. The only way we will ever flourish under Potter is by bringing in clinical attacking players which we can’t afford to do.

SCassidy

Dec 2, 2020
Our attackers lack composure, smashing it from 6 yards instead of placing it. Consistently erratic in front of goal.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Our attackers lack composure, smashing it from 6 yards instead of placing it. Consistently erratic in front of goal.

Yes

Lots straight at the keeper today.

Trossard's first miss shocking. Pass it to MacAllister for a tap in!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
We desperately need Lallana and Welbeck in the team, otherwise we will finish in the bottom four. Embarrassing finishing again tonight.

Maupay’s composure and particularly his decision-making has to be some of the worst I’ve seen in recent years. How he has seven goals is beyond me.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
You’re throwing your toys out of the pram because there are players out there that other clubs sign but you can’t name one example. That’s what’s laughable.

No it isn’t. You are in denial

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Just a few more days until you wont be seen until the summer..

And you’ll still be talking sh1t throughout

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here