Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Fiveways

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Haha!

No, a woman living on her own sold ours to us. Not in Hanover in the end, we are moving to near the Open Market. Hopefully the pubs will open again at some juncture.

Good luck with the move.
You will have plenty of time for any decorating needed, without the pub to distract you.....every cloud :)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Suggesting the PV is part of Fiveways is stretching it a bit !

I was talking about pubs and comparing it to the SPT (or whatever it's called now) It's probably the next closest pub to the area (maybe the Preston Park Tavern is). Where else is someone going to go for a drink around there?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was talking about pubs and comparing it to the SPT (or whatever it's called now) It's probably the next closest pub to the area (maybe the Preston Park Tavern is). Where else is someone going to go for a drink around there?

The Cleveland, already mentioned on this thread.
The Hollingbury.
Not sure if the Jolly Brewer is still in Ditchlng Rd.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Lived in the Fiveways area for 25 years. Great place to live as its an easy walk into town and has two nearby parks, Blakers and Preston Park. Barfields the butchers and Ravens are places I use weekly and highly recommend. Agra is great for a traditional Indian. The Cleveland is a nice local pub overlooking Blakers Park. The Jolly Brewers was making itself into a community hub but did not reopen after the first lockdown. Hope it survives.
Fiveways is a good family place to be, welcome to the area.

Suggesting the PV is part of Fiveways is stretching it a bit !

Yes I was chuckling at this too, why not throw in the Withdean stadium boozer as well, I never go up the hill but surely there are some pubs up there

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Lived in the Fiveways area for 25 years. Great place to live as its an easy walk into town and has two nearby parks, Blakers and Preston Park. Barfields the butchers and Ravens are places I use weekly and highly recommend. Agra is great for a traditional Indian. The Cleveland is a nice local pub overlooking Blakers Park. The Jolly Brewers was making itself into a community hub but did not reopen after the first lockdown. Hope it survives.
Fiveways is a good family place to be, welcome to the area.

Ahhh Blakers Park, the South East Branch’s meeting venue for The British Society of Cockerpoo owners [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Yes I was chuckling at this too, why not throw in the Withdean stadium boozer as well, I never go up the hill but surely there are some pubs up there

I said I once lived opposite the PV and went to Harlys, Gwylan suggested that the OP might like the PV too, no one is saying the PV is Fiveways, capeesh?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The Agra is ok. Don’t walk down Balfour steps after midnight. Glen Geard still frequents the Stabber (pre lockdown)

It’s not a Village

Is it the new extension of Muesli Mountain though? You should ask your mate Jo Wadsworth. She'd know.

Oh, and piss off Timmy (or The Fat One as Gus used to call you)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Mums.net always have some useful info about Fiveways although the only people you’ll see with children in the area are 40 something first time dads with popouses

Did one of them bunk you for a fare or something?

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
To be fair, the turkey we bought from Wickos this year was the worst I've ever had, as tough as old bootlaces. It was part of a Christmas hamper, but still no excuse for selling us something so utterly awful. Used to spend an extortionate amount of money on a five ways turkey, but was never let down by the quality. I think next year we'll plump somewhere in the middle and get a posh supermarket turkey.

We got our crown from Wickos this year and it was superb.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
We got our crown from Wickos this year and it was superb.

Always get a goose. They come in about 30-40 quid cheaper than Canhams and taste superb if you know how to cook them. Plus giblets for the sauce and a bit of liver on toast :drool:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd recommend Fiveways Fruits. As [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] said, avoid the Stanmer Park Tavern, Park View is ok if you don't mind queuing at the bar for ages to be served. My go to place would be The Cleveland, it's changed a lot over the years and is now quite nice.

Yup, the Cleveland would be my choice too, either that or the Preston Park Tavern in Havelock Road. Food is very good at the PPT if a wee bit on the pricey side, and they serve a great range of beers

Black Hill

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
Is it the new extension of Muesli Mountain though? You should ask your mate Jo Wadsworth. She'd know.

Oh, and piss off Timmy (or The Fat One as Gus used to call you)

Timmy was on first name terms with Poyet? Wow. I think maybe he said he had a fat one. (Stand by me)

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I moved (begrudgingly) to Fiveways - yes, from Hanover - and now acknowledge its benefits while laughing at its cliches of Fiveways yummy mummies (inc the dryrobe/birkies combo already noted above). Flour Pot's popularity is puzzling - we never go there after seeing a cockatoo licking the bread. Ravens, Quaff, 5ways fruits, Jenny's F&C all excellent. My wife prefers Barfield meat to Choice Cuts though their Real Patisserie bread and homemade cakes are excellent. The cafe a couple of doors down is good when open. Preston Foods good local corner shop. Cleveland and PV are less poncey than the lady pub (PPT).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here