Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Fiveways

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
After a protracted process, we'll be moving into Fiveways next week, and I'd be grateful for recommendations from those with local knowledge. Here's what I do know, and my prejudices are:
-- Flour Pot: having lived 50 metres away from one, I'll now have to travel 150 metres or so, but enjoy their bourgeois bread. Not so keen on Ravens' more traditional style. It does seem that Tilt is popular though.
-- Quaff: decent independent, but nothing compared to Butlers, which is magisterial and was near my doorstep
-- Barfields: been there once, and seems highly rated. What of Choice Cuts?

What is Rustica like?
Fiveways Fruits?
Curry houses?
Other recommendations?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
After a protracted process, we'll be moving into Fiveways next week, and I'd be grateful for recommendations from those with local knowledge. Here's what I do know, and my prejudices are:
-- Flour Pot: having lived 50 metres away from one, I'll now have to travel 150 metres or so, but enjoy their bourgeois bread. Not so keen on Ravens' more traditional style. It does seem that Tilt is popular though.
-- Quaff: decent independent, but nothing compared to Butlers, which is magisterial and was near my doorstep

What is Rustica like?
Fiveways Fruits?
Curry houses?
Other recommendations?

With a list like that you’ll fit in just nicely [emoji106]

Edit paid 92 pound for my Christmas Turkey from them, it was average, Wicko’s at Hangleton are much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
With a list like that you’ll fit in just nicely [emoji106]

Yep, sounds perfect for the area. He'd probably like the Park View too :)

I haven't been there for a couple of years, but the greengrocers on the corner was pretty good

Avoid the Stanmer Park Tavern at all costs ...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

What is Rustica like?
Fiveways Fruits?
Curry houses?
Other recommendations?

Fiveways fruits is great. The Chinese is really good. Rustica is a hard no from me but seems to serve a purpose for others. Don’t use the curry houses.

Choice Cuts has good local meat but the guy smoking outside constantly puts me right off. Barfields is ten times better anyway and they are a proper set up, the cheese counter is superb.

Store is good and has a good selection if you’re into saving on your plastic. The muesli they do in there is really good.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Mums.net always have some useful info about Fiveways although the only people you’ll see with children in the area are 40 something first time dads with popouses

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I'd recommend Fiveways Fruits. As [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] said, avoid the Stanmer Park Tavern, Park View is ok if you don't mind queuing at the bar for ages to be served. My go to place would be The Cleveland, it's changed a lot over the years and is now quite nice.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Fiveways fruits is great. The Chinese is really good. Rustica is a hard no from me but seems to serve a purpose for others. Don’t use the curry houses.

Choice Cuts has good local meat but the guy smoking outside constantly puts me right off. Barfields is ten times better anyway and they are a proper set up, the cheese counter is superb.

Store is good and has a good selection if you’re into saving on your plastic. The muesli they do in there is really good.

Can I get some decent Soy products from Store?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here